Field Service Engineer – Solar PV
Field Service Engineer – Solar PV
Job ID 7623
Field Service Engineer required to join a leading asset management company in the Solar PV industry, based in Kent.
The Field Service Engineer will attend customers' sites, maintaining various solar PV systems on a day-today basis. These PV systems are mainly ground mounted PV systems. The Field Service Engineer will be carrying out maintenance on installations, utilising and testing solar PV.
Health and Safety also plays a significant part in this role with responsibilities including following company and site-specific method statements and risk assessments whilst ensuring tasks are performed in accordance with industry best practices, industry best safety practices, company and owner procedures, plans, and guidelines as well as all pertinent laws and regulations/standards.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Responsible for routine maintenance, testing, and remedial work on deployed solar PV systems
- Responsible for complying with procedures
- Installation of any new Solar PV or Wind systems in the current pipeline
- Responsible for performing Preventative Maintenance accordingly with the PPM annual plan
- Responsible for performing Corrective Maintenance as occur
- Reporting of activities performed on site, daily basis, through the CMMS or manual reports as applicable
- Own risk assessment, analysis and operational Limitations. Report all near misses to line manager
- Responsible for supervision and coordination of third party contractors carrying out works on site
- Coordinate third party contractors in order to comply with H&S Regulations
- Keeping accurate and detailed records of electrical testing, that are suitable for audit
- Fault finding for any system that is not performing correctly
- Alert the line manager of any issues
- Maintain data security and confidentiality by using information within the parameters of the job role, any applicable SLAs, the company data policies and / or privacy notices and the statutory guidelines set out within the GDPR and any associated UK legislation. Pay particular regard to any data that is generated by CCTV or that may be classified as personal data.
- Comply with all required fire, health and safety requirements for the environment in which you are working, including making yourself aware of the current applicable policies and risk assessments and acting accordingly, and attending any required training. In particular to adhere to bio security, health and safety and confined spaces protocols.
This role is field based within a region primarily designated to you and you are routinely required to work on company sites within the UK. You may be required to stay away overnight for periods of time until jobs are completed.
This role requires you to be able to drive and you are therefore required to hold a full clean UK driving licence.
You are also responsible for ensuring that your vehicle is road worthy at all times.
There may be opportunities to travel overseas on occasion and this may be required for training purposes
- Relevant qualification in an electrical/mechanical or engineering discipline
- City & Guilds 17/18th BS7671 Wiring Regs.
- City & Guilds 2399-13-Solar PV Installation
- City & Guilds 2399-14-Solar PV maintenance or equivalent
- Advanced Level Apprenticeship in Electrical Installation
- AP15/OP40 – Certified
- City & Guilds 2391-52 Test & Inspect or equivalent
- 3+ years Solar PV O&M Experience on Utility Scale Solar
- 3+ years Network diagnostics & Remote communications experience
- 3+ years LV/HV Planned Preventative maintenance G59 Competent
- Familiarity with Earthing Systems – including measuring and monitoring Relays
- Excellent understanding of Central/String Inverters with relevant Manufacturers training
- Excellent computer skills with a high degree of proficiency in Microsoft Word, Excel, and PowerPoint as well as CMMS and Reporting software
- Knowledge of power electronics and circuitry, power generation technologies and equipment
- Excellent understanding of CCTV systems
apply for this now
+44 1689 669 380