Due to ongoing business success and international expansion, Taylor Hopkinson are looking for a competent Finance Assistant to join our team at Head Office in Glasgow. You will be working closely with the Finance Director, Management Accountant and Finance and Payroll Administrator in supporting the business with the timely raising of sales invoices, credit control and assisting with completion of month-end accounts.
- Raising permanent placement sales invoices within 24 hours of request
- Following up with clients for payment of invoices in a timely manner
- Reconciling and processing of company credit card transactions on a monthly basis
- Receipt and checking of monthly contractor invoices through email portal
- Chasing missing timesheets and purchase invoices
- Raising and handling any queries associated with contractor invoices or payroll
- Raise contractor sales invoices and send to clients
- Administrating the payment system/In Time to keep this up to date with current beneficiaries
- Input purchase invoices to Sage 200 using correct nominal coding
- Assisting with bank reconciliations
- Assisting Management Accountant with posting month-end journals
- Ensuring all financial records are updated and in fit state for audit
- Ad-hoc support on financial projects
- This role requires previous credit control experience
- Excellent organisational skills to successfully manage multiple projects and work streams simultaneously
- Time management skills to prioritise urgent and important tasks ensuring project deadlines are achieved
- High level of numerical literacy and financial understanding of business to effectively administrate finances.
- Detail oriented approach to ensure accuracy of information
- High level of communication skills demonstrated both verbally and in writing, to ensure a clear understanding for all parties eliminating miscommunications.
- Stakeholder management skills to influence and manage the behaviour and expectations of internal and external stakeholders including colleagues, suppliers and clients.
- Problem solving skills to ensure that obstacles to success and various challenges are successfully overcome
- Forward planning to make decisions ahead of time to ensure potential problems do not materialise
- Effective use of technology including In Time, online portal, Bullhorn, Cube 19, Sage 200 and MS Office
- Proactive approach to ensure all potential financial and contractor issues are addressed ahead of time, therefore ensuring a smooth experience for our consultants, clients and candidates.
- Demonstrating flexibility in approach and going above and beyond when necessary to solve problems and ensure we leave our clients and candidates with a positive impression of Taylor Hopkinson's services. Also the flexibility to support other parts of the business where required.
- A calm, positive and "can-do attitude" even in challenging circumstances
- A tenacious and methodical working style, with the ability to follow through a task to completion
- A collaborative approach, confidently working with colleagues, clients and candidates with a friendly and personable manner
- Contribution of creative ideas to suggest ways of developing our offering to clients and candidates or improved ways of working internally
This an opportunity to join a dynamic and growing team, with real potential for learning development and career advancement for high achievers.