Financial Analyst – Renewable Energy
Offshore Wind,Onshore Wind,Solar,Storage
An exciting opportunity to join a global developer and investor in renewable energy as an Analyst.
Reporting to the Commercial Director, the Analyst will play a fundamental role in the team, providing vital support for the forthcoming project capital raises and in setting up the investment management business. The role offers hands-on experience of a wide range of finance- and transaction-related tasks and activities in a rapidly growing business.
This position will be based in Central London, homeworking and hybrid working opportunities available.
- Building "bankable" financial models for the company's projects on an individual and portfolio level
- Supporting in the negotiation of new investment and M&A transactions, including managing the DDQ process, instructing professional advisors and overall transaction management
- Providing analysis and recommendations to support commercial negotiations
- Preparing presentations, attending meetings and maintaining relationships with stakeholders, e.g. shareholders, potential investors, etc.
- Supporting the development of the corporate business plan for the company and its subsidiary businesses including financial modelling
- Degree or equivalent qualification in engineering or other quantitative discipline
- Appropriate training in Excel/financial modelling
- 2+ years experience in an equivalent role in the field of renewable energy including
- Experience with financial modelling
- Knowledge of solar PV and battery energy storage systems would be preferred, but not essential
- Experience of supporting corporate or project fund-raising would be preferred, but not essential