First Line Support O&M Electrical Engineer
Leading offshore wind developer recruiting for a First Line Support O&M Engineer experienced with technical turbine platform Siemens G4.
As a First Line Support Engineer you are the 'spider in the web" the central point of all technical requests related to our wind turbine fleet. Wind Operations & Maintenance (O&M) Strategy assumes taking full control over the O&M process for these platforms, which requires a strong internal organisation and central support. The approach should ultimately lead to minimising O&M downtime for the particular platforms.
- Receive, record, effectively evaluate technical requests (including trouble shooting ones or technical emergencies) to ensure accurate assessment and best resolution, for each situation, is provided to the different stakeholders.
- Prioritise those technical requests in relation to all open items on the whole company fleet to ensure immediate actions are taken. Distribute those requests to other departments if required.
- Create and update Standard Work Packages under SAP (incl. the parts from other departments). Keep control on where relevant information is located.
- Follow up and coordinate with sites to ensure implementations are followed.
- Coordinate technical meetings with OEM on outstanding topics.
- Participate in any owner to owner meeting about specific platform when required.
- Provide constantly feedback to the Employer Requirements for future projects.
- Support procurement department on the review of technical documents under a contract.
- Proactively contribute to the development of the necessary tools to perform the job via brainstorming, reviewing flow charts, bringing ideas to the table.
- Support remotely via phone on troubleshooting cases
- Quality control/ verification from the technical perspective of the Work Orders via the backreporting
- Continuously add value to the development of the team both on a technical and personal level
- Create, coordinate and maintain internal expert operational groups for the different Platforms where technical knowledge is shared and captured.
- A technical background with a qualification in electrical and/or mechanical discipline is or qualified by experience
- Knowledge of one or more technical turbine platform Siemens G4
- Knowledge of one or more technical turbine platforms Siemens D3, MVOW V164 and/or Nordex Delta is preferred, but not a must-have
- Work experience in the wind industry, including technical knowledge of wind farms is desirable but not essential. Previous experience in electronics, computers and troubleshooting background is a plus.
- SAP Plant Maintenance is a plus.
- Fluent use of standard office software and use of standard portal based systems
- A clear feeling of "sense of urgency" without compromising on safety as we work in a fast-paced environment. You have the courage to say STOP! in critical situations while always looking for opportunities to solve the problem. · High energy level, transparent, responsible and structured person that delivers with high quality, on time and seeks for improvements (innovative mindset).
- Practical approach, hands-on, open minded and eager to learn new things. Can extract core content from complex and diverse information and present it in a simple way.
- Result-oriented and you organize and prioritize your work effectively meeting required deadlines. Ability to manage high pressure situations.
- Capable of working independently and as a team member in a cohesive and participative manner. Reach out to others on time (asking, sharing, helping or asking for help), escalate when required.
- Good command of English, spoken and written is a must. Together with strong communication skills and confidence in dealing with numerous stakeholders
- Ability to work in an Intercultural, dynamic, international, multidisciplinary environment.
- A flexible attitude with regards to tasks, hours and travelling as/when necessary.
- You have to be physically fit to pass the medical exam and not be afraid of heights to visit the turbines