Fisheries Liaison Manager – Offshore Wind
Fisheries Liaison Manager required by one of the world's leading offshore wind companies as they continue to develop in the US. The Fisheries Liaison Manager will play a crucial role as the main point of contact within the organization for fisheries stakeholders, and lead on all relevant fisheries-related matters across the development and construction phases of offshore wind projects. This role will be based in the Northeast US.
- Develop and drive the fisheries strategy for offshore wind projects, with support from the consents and stakeholder engagement teams. This will require an understanding and appreciation of the fisheries landscape in the northeast US, the ability to develop constructive relationships and innovative solutions as required.
- Review the current fisheries team structure and resource support, and identify any additional resources required to ensure effective consultation with fisheries groups and independent fishers, to develop and maintain relationships. Maintain a detailed stakeholder engagement log of activities with all fisheries groups.
- Work closely with the Stakeholder Manager, Offshore Consents Manager, etc. to develop and maintain proactive engagement with independent fishers, and local, regional and national fisheries stakeholders, including government representatives. This includes attendance at public and community meetings as required.
- Lead engagement with relevant industry and government organisations, to promote offshore wind projects.
- Support the production of fisheries inputs into project documentation, including advising on appropriate mitigation as required.
- Lead the ongoing management of fisheries cooperation agreements, with support from legal advisors, including the negotiation of cooperation agreements for future surveys and construction activities.
- Input to risk and programme management for offshore wind projects, including early identification of fisheries risks and active engagement with the project program and project risk management process.
- An in-depth understanding of the fishing industry, practices, interests and issues in the Northeast US.
- Relevant experience of working directly, and building strong relationships, with fishers/fisheries stakeholder groups.
- Experience of working with multidisciplinary project teams to deliver key project outputs on time and within budget.
- Experience of stakeholder engagement including demonstrable negotiation skills. Involvement in developing fisheries cooperation agreements preferred.
- A good understanding of US legislation, planning policy and regulatory environment.
- Ability to represent the interests of the offshore wind projects with relevant external stakeholders, including fisheries and community groups, statutory consultees, industry and regional forums.
- Ability to manage team members to ensure effective engagement with fisheries stakeholders and timely delivery of reports and information.
- Degree level or equivalent qualification preferred.
- Due to the nature of the role, excellent interpersonal and communication skills are essential.
- Ability to deliver high-quality work to tight timescales.