Floating Offshore Wind Engineer
Floating Wind Farm
Floating Offshore Wind Engineer opportunity with a global provider of project development, construction and operational services to offshore wind projects.
The position is based in Edinburgh. Our client is an industry leading offshore wind developer with floating projects under development in Europe, Asia and the USA. As such, they are looking to grow their team in floating offshore wind to develop these projects and to ensure that the technology is ready to deliver them.
The role represents a unique and challenging opportunity for an engineer early in their career to help drive the development of floating offshore wind technology and projects.
Your key duties will be:
- Project engineering activities to support the early stage development of floating offshore wind projects, including management of conceptual designs and development of delivery plans.
- Providing support on technical due diligence for merger and acquisition processes.
- Supporting the qualification of floating offshore wind-related technologies.
- Undertaking procurement and supply chain engagement exercises.
- Developing in-house knowledge and tools.
- Managing external specialists and consultants.
- A competitive salary package will be offered for the position and the opportunity to work in a team with some of the best experts in the industry.
Projects are at the core of our client's business and you must enjoy working in empowered, highly-experienced, agile, lean, cross-functional teams.
You will have a suitable degree in engineering/naval architecture or equivalent with some experience in either the offshore wind industry or with floating platform solutions in the energy industry. Experience in floating offshore wind would also be considered highly beneficial.
Qualifications and key competences include:
- A degree in engineering/naval architecture or equivalent.
- Some experience in the offshore wind industry or with floating platform solutions in the energy industry.
- Effective communication skills verbally and in writing.
- Fluent in English.
- Effective computer skills.
- Ability to travel to support the role