Foundation Design Manager
Job ID 17919
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Plan and manage the design scope of foundations of our offshore wind farm projects, may it be in the development, tender, detailed and construction phases.
- Efficient management of project plans and thereby securing timely delivery and high quality.
- Take proactive ownership of all design related issues. Ensuring design decisions are made by involving the right technical competences / leads.
- Lead the internal and / or external design team(s).
- Secure timely certification of design by working together with a nominated Certification Department.
- Coordinate with internal and external stakeholders, incl. WTG suppliers, Installation and Manufacturing Contractors.
- Identify key areas of optimisation both site specific and on a general level.
- Review the foundation design and ensure alignment across all design disciplines and other interfaces.
- Ensure design input during final design, construction and installation e.g. management of RFI, NCR's, TQ's, VOR's.
- Establishing technical contracting and procurement strategies for foundation and structural elements.
- Developing technical specifications according to the above strategies.
- Providing input for contract negotiation.
- Managing the technical aspects of the contract and ensuring that the designs comply with the specifications.
- Managing the foundation HSE considerations in design, manufacture, installation and commissioning phases.
- Ensuring package supplier's works comply with the project schedule, including preparation of progress reports and management plans.
- Providing the inputs for developing risk management plans as part of an overall project risk management strategy.
The role requires the following profile:
You are a dedicated design / project manager with a good understanding of how to create and support high performing teams. You have an innovative mind-set and can see yourself working in an environment where we value entrepreneurship, with a pragmatic approach in your daily work.
You possess good interpersonal skills and can communicate technical messages in a clear and constructive way both internally and to external partners.
In addition, the following qualifications are important for this position:
- B.Sc or M.Sc degree in structural engineering or equivalent.
- We expect that that you have more than 8 years of experience within FEED and detailed design of foundation structures, with a focus for offshore renewable projects.
- You have experience from executing at least one complete design of an offshore wind farm either as a technical lead or as project manager.
- We expect that you have experience with structural design codes such as e.g. DNV, ISO, API and IEC and experience with monopile and / or jacket designs.
- You are fluent in English, both verbally and written. Additional language skill for Mandarin, Japanese or Korean is a plus.