Foundation Installation Manager
Opportunity for a Foundations Installation Manager, reporting into the Package Manager, working on a major offshore wind farm project based in France.
- The position is responsible for the implementation of the offshore foundations and Transition Pieces of the wind farm
- This includes design to commissioning, in respect to time, costs, safety, quality and interfaces.
- Accountability for delivery of all the Installation Contracts, including but not limited to: Design, Certification, Fabrication, Transport, Installation, Storage, Logistics and Commissioning.
- A pro-active approach to project and contract management in order to identify risks and opportunities early and initiate appropriate actions.
- Knowledge of project management processes and systems associated with the delivery of complex, multipackage construction projects is desirable
- Lead the package team, ensuring sufficient project team resource is applied to deliver the work packages, package team staff are provided with direction and support.
- Coordinate external resources related, including consultants, suppliers, manufacturers, marine contractors, port authorities, logistics companies, marine warranty surveyors etc.
- Negotiation of installation related contracts with suppliers in compliance with internal rules and QHSE standards, applicable technical standards and regulation.
- Development and management of risk management plans of the related packages as part of an overall project risk management strategy.
- Manage the design, manufacturing, installation, and commissioning of offshore foundations and related items in accordance with in-house engineering, Q&A, and HSSE procedures.
- Act as project focal point for all activities carried out within the foundations package.
- Support the Procurement team in the co-ordination all related tendering process and evaluation of supplies.
- Manage different contracts throughout the project development and construction phase.
- Provide up to date budget-relevant information, including the provision of price indications from different suppliers.
- Apply cost reduction measures to ensure competitiveness; actively look for alternatives to reduce offshore costs.
- Ensure risks are addressed / reported, mitigation action determined, and risks are minimized or closed out.
- Coordinate commissioning and operational handover of offshore foundations during construction phase.
- Promote good HSSE practices and ensure HSE / CDM requirements are fully implemented.
- Provide monthly progress reports to the Project Director.
- Manage the suppliers to ensure their delivery to the project's defined quality requirements.
- Actively interface with other packages and central functions.
- Ensure that the technical assurance of design is reviewed with support from Asset Management and Quality Teams.
- Participate in certification and other regulatory processes in accordance to local requirements and international standards.
- Maintain an effective and systematic planning and control of project offshore works (in what concerns cost, deadline, quality and safety); Ensuring control of the budget, deadlines and quality aspect, as well as assessment of contractors/subcontractors involved in the project.
- Produce monthly project reports outlining progress, budget and safety statistics.
- Produce other reports as necessary during the project.