Foundation Package Manager
Our Client is developing Offshore Wind Projects in South Korea and looking for a Foundations Package Manager to join their Team to assist in Project Development, Procurement and Construction activities for these Projects.
- Overall responsibility for project design, specification, and management of the Foundations Package during the planning and development phase of the Project.
- Responsible for coordinating with all supporting functions including Contracts, Finance, Permits, etc. and ensuring internal requirements are aligned within the Package.
- The Foundations Package will for part of the larger Balance of Plant (BOP) Contract, and the Foundation Package Manager should interface seamlessly with the other Package Managers to ensure that the overall development is successfully designed, procured, and delivered.
- Owner of the Foundation FEED Design Process and managing Contractor deliverables and Owner's Engineer Reviews.
- Provide technical and commercial input to the procurement strategy for the relevant package to identify, tender and select advisors, equipment suppliers, EPC and O&M contractors for the project.
- Ensure all technical and commercial requirements related to the Package are scoped within the tender materials, lead Package negotiations and coordinate with the Negotiations Team.
- Provide recommendations on technical and commercial requirements, including scope and interfaces, and ensure interface alignment with other Package Mangers
- Manage and review design development for the package in the lead up to construction and in support of achieving all required permits and approvals.
- Responsible for providing relevant technical and commercial input to tender documentation; assessment & evaluation of proposals; commercial, technical & contractual negotiations; and final contract award.
- Review and analyse supply, installation, construction and O&M pricing and input to the project financial model.
- Establish and manage Health & Safety (HSE) standards to offshore wind industry best practice and oversee effective implementation of HSE plans on the Package.
- Establish and manage environmental standards to meet the environmental impact assessment and permitting requirements and achieve offshore wind industry best practice.
- Identify, develop and manage support services that may be required during the development phase.
- Deliver suitable weekly and monthly reporting, prepare materials and participate in internal reporting and approvals process.
- Develop meeting schedules and identify participants required on a forward looking basis, to ensure timely decision making and problem solving. Construction Phase
- Overall project management during construction and forward planning of O&M Contractor activities for the relevant package.
- Programme management of the relevant Suppliers, Construction and O&M Contractors to identify and manage timing and interface issues.
- Conduct engineering reviews for the relevant package and provide timely feedback on issues and resolutions.
- Oversee the Foundation aspect of the BOP Contractor during construction to ensure witness and inspection points are attended and relevant quality plans are implemented and accurately reported.
- Lead contract administration matters relevant to the Package.
- Bachelor's Degree in appropriate engineering or other relevant discipline.
- Minimum of ten years' experience with a Fabrication Contractor (ideally serial Jacket Foundation production), Energy Developer, Contractor or related Technical Package Manager roles for Offshore Wind Projects.
- Project management skills along with proven commercial skills in negotiating contracts and involvement in successful negotiations relating to contract variations.
- Excellent communication skills in English, both written and verbal, and the ability to engage at all levels. Korean (desired but not essential - written and spoken.
- Understanding of, and experience implementing, Health Safety and Environment (HSE) standards to industry best practices
- Possess strong quantitative and analytical skill