Foundation Quality Fabrication Manager
Job ID 21044
Foundation Quality Fabrication Manager required for a major Offshore Wind Farm developer based in China.
- Be the focal point for the Contractor on site.
- Manage and coordinate the local interfaces between the Fabricator(s) Contractor, Foundation Designer / Lead Structural Engineer, Quality Assurance / Control (Local interfaces in regards to QA/QC are managed by QM), Employer's other Contractors and Transport & Installation to ensure a safe and high quality fabrication, and delivery of foundation structures in accordance with the Employer's Requirements.
- Support the Management of Contract processes in alignment with the Quality Team e.g. Payment Applications / Certificates i.e. milestone completion proof / confirmation.
- Support the Quality Team setting up the local Site Team.
- Challenge the Fabricator as required to ensure that work is delivered on time and evaluate mitigation for any potential delays or quality concerns.
- Ensure that the Fabricator and onsite Team work safely and to good industry practice in accordance with legislation and clients requirements.
- Support the valuation of Variation Orders, Concession Requests and Claims.
- Hold and chair weekly progress meetings with the Contractor's site management representatives with the support of the Quality Team.
- Provide input for the Project's monthly report e.g. progress, programme and risks.
- Work closely with the Quality Fabrication Manager and agree priorities.
- Produce the weekly and monthly reports summarising HSSE, progress, risks, along with any serial quality and resource concerns.
- Support the Quality Team witnessing critical hold points, Load Outs and Factory Acceptance Tests e.g. dimensional control and fit out tests.
- Support the evaluation and management of risks associated with the foundation fabrication package.
- Support the Quality Team to ensure that non conformities are closed out prior to load out.
- Be the focal point for the Project's visitors e.g. co-ordination of inductions, PPE and guide.
- Proven Experience in leading a quality or engineering team on manufacturing sites.
- Cultural awareness and experience in a Chinese fabrication environment.
- 10 plus years relevant industry experience.
- Degree qualified engineer or time served apprentice with a minimum of HNC qualification (or equivalent) in an engineering or maintenance discipline (Structural, Mechanical, or Civil).
- Welding engineer/technician IWE/EWE/IWT or have significant experience.
- Experienced and certified as NDT operator.
- Coating Level FROSIO or NACE.
- Fluent in spoken and written English preferable knowledge of local language.