Foundations Design Package Manager
This will entail assessment of technology solutions for the project followed by management of detailed design through to the point of construction, including management associated contracts and stakeholders.
The role is based in Edinburgh.
Monitor offshore wind farm foundation technology development and ensure that this is considered in the development of project, including identifying optimisation and cost reduction opportunities.
- Working with the procurement team, conduct engagement with the supply chain in connection with the project, including developing tender documentation, completing technical tender evaluation and coordinating/conducting negotiation of contracts.
- Support the pre-construction engineering program for the project, including identifying all key activities required to define and refine the offshore foundation package such that it can meet key stage gates and reporting on package progress.
- Identify and manage interfaces between the foundation design package and other work packages in accordance with the project's interface management system.
- Support the offshore consenting process by providing input on engineering and technical matters such as anticipated design parameters and construction methods associated with the offshore foundations.
- Manage and deliver the detailed design of the offshore foundations, including ensuring requirements of associated certification/verification and due diligence processes are satisfied.
- Provide engineering support during the foundation fabrication, installation and commissioning phases.
- Working with project controls, develop construction/operational cost forecast for the project and report against those forecasts during the project delivery phase.
- Develop a risk register for the foundation design scope and proactive implementation of mitigation measures.
- Identify the need for specialist internal and external resource to the foundation design scope through all project phases. Manage the technical aspects of procurement of specialist external support, including for example drafting work scopes and undertaking coordinating technical assessment of proposals.
- Manage internal and external specialist technical support to ensure project requirements are delivered on time and to budget.
- Promote good practice in respect to quality, health, safety and environment within the foundation design scope, including ensuring all project procedures and policies are implemented.
- A degree in civil or structural engineering is required.
- Significant experience within the power/ energy sector is required.
- Demonstrable experience in offshore wind farm foundation design, fabrication and/or installation is required.
- Chartered or Incorporated Engineer status is desirable.
- Experience in a multi-disciplinary project environment is required. Demonstrable knowledge in some or all of the following areas is required:
- Offshore structural design processes, including associated standards, certification processes and best practice.
- Offshore installation methods.
- General wind farm development and optimisation, including definition and management of interfaces between work packages.
- Project management processes and systems associated with the delivery of complex, multipackage construction projects.
- Typical commercial terms and forms of contract associated with foundation design and fabrication.
- The CDM (Construction Design and Management) Regulations, including a demonstrable understanding of health, safety and environmental best practice and how this affects early stage project design activities.
- Self-starter with a proactive approach to project and contract management in order to identify risks and opportunities early and initiate appropriate actions.
- Ability to communicate across all levels of the project team and to support (and manage where required) the relationship with external stakeholders.
- Attentive to detail with strong written communication, organisational and time management skills.