Foundations T&I Engineer
Job ID 15518
Foundations T&I Engineer required for a leading Offshore Wind Farm developer, based in Scotland
- The analysis and definition of installation sequences, scenario planning, weather limitations, weather downtime, etc. for all activities relating to Foundation Transport and Installation.
- Review technical as received from, such as Contractor documentation, drivability analysis, vessel assurance.
- Support the development of the Foundations T&I Employer Technical Requirements.
- Preparation of Foundations Transport & Installation ITT documentation.
- Evaluation of Foundation Transport & Installation bidders' responses.
- Support the contract tender process including technical evaluation and recommendation of installation vessels and installation methodologies.
- Review information which is transmitted from the T&I Contractors to confirm its completeness and correctness during tender, negotiation, and post award.
- Coordination of the offshore installation work and interface with relevant packages i.e. Cables, OSP and WTG.
- Engineer the development of an optimised marine logistics and installation plan for the construction stage of the project in coordination with the other T&I Engineers.
- Development of internal marine assurance procedures.
- Management of Marine Warranty Surveyor and document review process for the foundations T&I work.
- Interface with designers and manufacturers to optimise T&I work.
- Ensure compliance with technical safety design process and CDM regulations. - Ensuring Contractors are following best wind industry practices and applicable legislation.
- Ensuring all activities comply to the consent conditions and that the Contractors comply to them during construction.
- Liaise with Offshore reps and monitor progress during the construction phase.
- Regular reporting as may be required by the Foundation T&I Lead.
- Recording of lessons learnt throughout the project.
- Coordinate with the Construction Management team to optimize all Foundation Installation operations and ensure all requirements are communicated to respective parties.
- Knowledge of Offshore Wind Installation, Heavy Lift and Marine Operations.
- Experience on monopile installation is required, with preference to Integrated monopile installations and secondary steel platform.
- Experience with scour installation campaigns is desirable either in Engineering or Offshore Installation.
- Understanding of HSE and CDM legislation.
- Intermediate user of AutoCAD or similar technical drawing software.