Job ID 20227
Geotechnical Engineer required for major Offshore Wind Farm developer based in the Netherlands
- Define technical specifications, work scopes, budgets, strategies and processes to optimise site characterisation desk studies and fieldworks campaigns.
- Prepare geotechnical reports including feasibility studies, interpretative reports and foundation design concepts.
- Assist in the tendering of geotechnical contracts, including identification of contractor resources, vetting technical competencies, managing procurement, verifying HSE capabilities and ensuring the delivering of quality deliverables by contractors.
- Plan, procure, oversee, and deliver site investigation campaigns to the highest standards of health, safety and quality in collaboration with a wide network of internal specialists and trusted suppliers.
- Evaluate results for compliance with technical specifications and contracts and coordinate the external certification process for geotechnical outputs.
- Deliver relevant information during EPCI Invitation to Tender phases. This information includes robust data sets of onshore/offshore geotechnical characterisations needed by selected EPCI contractors to develop infrastructure plans and manage potential project risks.
- Participate in project meetings, stakeholder engagements and community outreach initiatives (if applicable).
- Evaluate new technologies and methods whilst proactively supporting collaborative research and development opportunities with academic institutions and industry working groups.
- Develop procedures and deliverables to standardise the Geotechnical team's output.
- Proficient in onshore and offshore geotechnical engineering investigations and functionally competent in project engineering and design processes.
- The individual is a highly motivated self-starter and interpersonal team player with very good organisational skills and deep experience with budgets, scheduling and delivering through contractors.
- The individual has 5+ years of relevant work experience providing geotechnical subject matter expertise, experience with front-end processes, controlling resources, schedules and cost estimation.
- Bachelor's degree in Engineering or Geology is required, master's in same preferred.
- Experience with shallow water, nearshore and onshore geotechnics is required.
- Strong personal commitment and leadership attributes in HSSE risk identification and management and quality management is required.
- Professional Engineering Licensure and/or Project Management certification strongly preferred.
- High energy, self-motivated, collaborative individual.
- Ability to work in a multi-cultural context
- A high degree of skill in written and oral communications.