Job ID 7596
Geotechnical engineering opportunity with leading offshore wind consultancy.. The Geotechnical Engineer will work as part of a team on engineering and consultancy assignments for a range of offshore wind farms. The role is office based with flexibility in working hours. Some offshore or onsite working may be a requirement of the job.
- Prepare geotechnical analysis and study to assess construction site condition.
- Analyse geotechnical findings, perform appropriate calculations and prepare data reports.
- Assist in design and evaluation of offshore wind geotechnical assessments
- Develop design drawings and specifications for offshore wind construction projects.
- Atend regular internal meetings and external / third party meetings as required.
- Assist and/or lead projects (as assigned by the Geotechnical Manager) to accomplish the overall delivery of optimum solutions to clients within the timeframe, costs and quality standards established.
- Ensure all deliverables are completed in full compliance with approved instructions, procedures and policies..
- Assist with development of bespoke software to enhance efficiency and maintain commercial advantage.
- Conduct research into and write papers on novel aspects of offshore geotechnics
- BEng, MEng or MSc in Civil or Geotechnical Engineering.
- First or upper second class honors degree. (Desirable)
- Chartered (or near chartered) member of the institution of Civil Engineers or similar. (Desirable).
- Relevant experience with at least 2 years of experience as a geotechnical engineer in the design and management of offshore wind farm foundations, installation vessels or cable routes.
- Direct experience of working as a geotechnical engineer offshore on vessels or jack-ups, overseeing and being involved with offshore geotechnical site investigation is preferred (Desirable).
- Excellent technical engineering knowledge with a specialisation in geotechnical engineering.
- Ability to co-ordinate, direct and lead projects and work under own initiative with minimum supervision.
- Experienced in the scoping, management, supervision and interpretation of offshore geotechnical and geophysical site investigations.
- Ability to undertake pile drive-ability & jack-up leg penetration analyses.
- Good technical knowledge of foundation design as well as offshore design and construction.
- Proficient in the use of software: Matlab, Visual Basic, Plaxis, grlWEAP and gINT and general programming is an advantage (Desirable).
- Knowledge of probabilistic seismic hazard assessments (Desirable)
- Knowledge of advanced laboratory testing (Desirable).
- Good interpersonal skills, a strong team player with pro-active approach.
- Attention to detail and high level of numerical accuracy and the ability to prioritise work.
- Well organised and self-directed.
- Good communication skills and excellent report writing skills
- Proficient in French, German or another European language is an advantage. (Desirable)
apply for this now
+44 141 559 6160