Opportunity for a Geotechnical Engineer working within the central engineering team of a leading global offshore wind developer.
Taylor Hopkinson are recruiting this position exclusively on a retained basis.
This is a full-time, permanent staff position ideally located in Hamburg.
- Develop standard approach to geotechnical site investigations, maximizing effectiveness of offshore campaigns focusing on seabed and soil (such as borehole, sampling and CPTs) for the existing project portfolio and ensuring comparability between projects.
- Optimize the establishment of a project design basis and its certification by ensuring use of all available data relevant for a site, resulting in reduced uncertainty of site conditions, minimizing project design risk and leading to more cost-effective substructure design and installation solutions and lower likelihood of claims.
- Support Certification Manager in interface with authorities and certification bodies involved in reviewing and approving design basis and project certification.
- Develop and execute a strategy for an optimized approach to geotechnical site investigations across all pipeline projects in terms of timing, scope and equipment, and aiming to create synergies between offshore activities.
- Standardize the approach to technical pre-qualification and technical specification utilizing the services of external design houses and fabricators.
- Responsible for geotechnical assessment and design of offshore wind structures and cables from early stage through detailed design including.
- Ground modelling, cable route analysis, geohazard assessments.
- Burial risk assessments, burial assessments.
- Capacity assessments for foundations.
- Jacking assessments.
- Possibly, seismic assessments.
- Identify and work with package managers for input into employer's requirements and scope of work for major packages during procurement process.
- Review RAMS and contractor's work plans during execution phase.
- Identify opportunities for cost reduction in design and construction.
- MSc or other relevant degree within geology, geophysics, geotechnology or civil engineering or equivalent experience.
- Significant relevant work experience within geotechnology or civil engineering and structural design, plant construction, technical, contract and consultancy management, ideally including offshore exploration.
- Significant relevant work experience in offshore wind project or in project matrix organisation.
- Comfortable flagging problems when they arise and asking for help when needed.
- Ability to be proactive while working remotely or independently.
- Team player and strong communicator with internal and external parties.