Job ID 16100
Geotechnical Engineer required for a leading Offshore Wind Farm developer, based in Taiwan
- Provide skills, integrity and knowledge in key areas of discipline engineering, including design codes, legislative requirements and current good engineering practice. Understands clients' needs; identifies and addresses design parameters and problems; develops and implements solutions.
- Under limited supervision, independently evaluate, organise and prioritise work which is normally subject to internal checking and approval.
- Responsible for production of deliverables, which may include engineering support to DO, design calculations, specifications, procedures, analyses, progress reports, bid evaluations, CTR input, study reports and various 3rd-party submissions.
- Originate or check technical documentation, accepting personal responsibility for its adequacy.
- Ensure all relevant safety objectives, legislative and legal requirements are observed.
- Design and detailing in accordance with acknowledged industry Codes, Standards and Design Guides (e.g. API, DNV, AISC); Client Specifications and Scopes of Work.
- Represent the Company in meetings / correspondence with Clients, subcontractors, 3rd parties, etc. in a technical capacity.
- Train / mentor more junior engineers.
- Recognise and accept HSE Roles & Responsibilities as defined in DOC-GL-HSE-001.
- Ability to function within a design team and across multiple projects.
- Ability to prioritise own workload, manage time accordingly and inform senior team members where constraints will affect a project in terms of programme or budget.
- Manage interfaces within a project structure, including other disciplines, drawing office, document control, project management, client and suppliers.
- Manage change control within own remit on a project. Inform team members where constraints will affect a project in terms of programme or budget.
- Can work within time/budget constraints