GIS Analyst, Onshore Wind
Our client is an international renewable energy company, with a strong track record in Europe, and ambitious plans to be a leading company in the UK. They are looking for an experienced GIS Analyst to join their team in Wirral. In the UK, they have a focus on onshore wind projects.
About the Role
Reporting to the Director of Business Development, the GIS Analyst will play a major part in the developing of the companies renewable assets.
You'll be required to produce maps, plans and data sets using GIS to support the use of GIS Online platform across the business. This includes the production of Ecology plans, Environmental Risk Maps, Lease plans, creating and updating datasets and creation of online web maps, applications and dashboards.
Some of your other main responsibilities will include;
- Providing comprehensive technical expertise and GIS support across the renewables business, ensuring high quality data standards are rigorously adhered to both internally and externally.
- Sourcing and managing spatial data sets using a variety of tools and techniques ensuring all associated metadata and geographical information is up to date.
- Creating web maps, applications, and dashboards.
- Creating 3D models of Wind farms.
- Identifying innovative value opportunities within the Drawings and GIS Team to support the Onshore Renewables business maximise returns on existing assets and projects.
What do I need?
To be considered for this role, we would love you to have:
- Degree level qualification in a geography or environmental based discipline which covers the use of GIS.
- 3+ years of experience and a strong understanding of of GIS software
- Knowledge of data management standards.
- The ability to use Python for scripting and automation would be an advantage.