GIS Analyst – Solar
Opportunity for a talented and highly motivated GIS professional to join a top global renewable energy IPP in the role of GIS Analyst.
Focusing exclusively on utility-scale solar, the GIS Analyst will work in close collaboration with various teams and stakeholders, supporting on day-to-day Geospatial needs and carrying out analysis for permitting, development, and construction of projects across Europe.
The role is based in London with hybrid office and remote working.
- Develop and maintain Geospatial data libraries
- Assist non-professional GIS users internationally
- Manage project level data
- Utilise GIS for the identification of new solar sites, to support facility design, and create constraints information
- Carry out analysis for permitting, development, and construction of projects, working closely with all stakeholders involved
- 1+ years ' professional experience in GIS and/or excellent knowledge and understanding from strong degree-related focus
- GIS fundamental knowledge, including data management, coordinating reference systems, and Geospatial analysis and cartographic design
- Experience working with various Geospatial data formats
- Experience working with survey grade data
- Able to manipulate and analyze geographical information, before presenting in reports and/or presentation
- Experience in the use of ArcGIS Pro, ArcSDE, portal for ArcGIS, Python etc.
- Right to work in UK and ability to spend 3+ days per week in London office