Global Engineering Director – Solar PV
Opportunity for a Global Engineering Director to join a global leading solar mounting system company in Spain.
This is a remote working position.
- Lead and manage team of internal engineering team to achieve a reliable, quality, and safe designs for its solar projects.Assure projects are designed and constructed in compliance with all applicable codes and standards.
- Research and implement design alternatives and value engineering concepts.
- Leading and managing the engineering teams to perform drawing reviews of design packages to ensure designs meet project standards and Owner/Contractual specifications.
- Support and influence project team and owners to make intelligent/informed decisions to keep the design and project budget on track.
- Maintain good business relationships with clients, consultants, trade contractors, and vendors to assure the support and interest on the construction of solar projects.
- Function as a subject matter expert Solar Projects.
- Bachelor or master's degree in construction management, engineering or related discipline is preferred.
- Solid experience in solar industry
- Experience in structural engineering is preferred
- Experience in Team management is necessary
- A good knowledge of PV technology and megawatt scale plants
- A good understanding of the key commercial aspects of PV projects
- Fluent in Spanish and English