Grid Connection Manager, Greece
Job ID 19647
Taylor Hopkinson is looking for a Grid Connection Manager for a leading solar and storage IPP.
This role will support the Head of Grid throughout the construction, development, and acquisition processes of PV plants through review of design proposals and third-party reports on grid connection and HV electrical related matters.
The ideal candidate has a background in transmission and distribution, and substations. Experience with grid connection of utility-scale renewable projects is a plus.
The role is based in Athens.
- Contribute to maintaining and optimising minimum technical specifications for all MV and HV electrical related equipment and project management involved in the construction of a PV plant/ substation.
- Conduct substation electrical equipment document review and specifications including main power transformers, switchgears, cables, protection equipment including relays and instrument transformers
- Support the Head of Grid in contractual negotiation with HV EPC regarding technical areas such as HV electrical engineering, equipment specifications, testing
- Support Head of Grid on leading the interconnection activities to energise the project by managing and scheduling the meetings with contractors and TSO as well as handing over documentation (technical documents, time schedules, permits etc.)
- Management of the Owner Engineer including, design review
- To carry out technical due diligence and risk assessment on grid connection schemes/grid offers received from TSO.
- To assist in providing the cost estimates and grid connection delivery timescales to business development teams.
- Management and coordination of external consultants to complete the internal assessments.
- Monitor ICP timeline, installation, major equipment FAT's, SAT, commissioning SIT and energization.
- To manage and be responsible for the process of grid applications ensuring they are submitted in a timely manner and progress through the TSO and National processes without delay.
- Strong technical knowledge of HV (150-400kV) connection concept in Greece along with the associated construction and commissioning activities
- Deep knowledge of HV/MV substation and circuit design and construction standards,
- Working knowledge of HV/MV equipment including HV GIS switchgear, transformers, protections & Control systems (SCADA), underground/OH lines and other MV/HV equipment.
- Candidates with exposure in substation construction environment preferred
- Candidates with knowledge in power system analysis software (Digsilent/ PSS) or cable ampacity calculation software (Cymcap) preferred
- Candidates with knowledge of TSO connection procedure and administrative authorisations required for connection of renewable plants in the Greece market preferred
- Knowledge of TSO specifications and working methods would be given priority
- Fluency in English and Greek
- Degree in Electrical or Power Engineering