Grid Connection Specialist
Opportunity for a Grid Connection Specialist to join the development team of a leading global PV solar IPP.
Based in the South of England, the Grid Connection Specialist will play a key role in getting projects 'over the line', by maintaining strong communication with relevant stakeholders, in addition to identifying potential Points of Connection to connect RE projects.
- Identify potential PoC to Transmission or Distribution systems where available for the connection of PV, Wind Storage or Hydro projects
- Analyse factors influencing location strategy, including UK Grid Code, National Grid Statements etc.
- Coordinate grid connection application, feasibility review and acceptance processes with development team
- Evaluate Grid Impact studies of all electrical parameters performed internally or by third parties
- Provide technical support on Executive Design
- Provide technical support through project development life cycle, including design, procurement, construction and commissioning
- Min. Degree level education in Engineering (preferably Electrical)
- 3+ years' experience in a comparable role
- Strong knowledge of grid connection and planning process in the UK
- Experience working with a range of key stakeholders, including UK DNO/DSO/TSOs
- Full proficiency in English language
- Strong communicator
- Good network of local and regional grid operators
- Ability and desire to travel both domestically and internationally as required
- Proficiency across MS office, AutoCAD, DigSilent, PSSE and E.Engineering Software