Grid Contracts Manager
Onshore Wind,Solar,Transmission & Distribution
Taylor Hopkinson has been exclusively engaged by a leading European renewables developer to appoint a Grid Contracts Manager to their Glasgow office.
This role will involve managing multiple contracts simultaneously to arrive at optimum, cost effective, timely and successful grid connections for their wind and solar portfolio. Energy industry experience is not essential. The client is more interested in candidates with excellent attention to detail, an ability to collaborate with and question others and the desire to make a difference in the renewables sector.
- Liaise with project managers to optimise grid connection timing, budgets and strategies
- Regularly review contracts initiating and running modifications and, variations and liaising with legal team for reviews and approvals
- Monitor, review, calculate, forecast, and check bi-annual Cancellation Charges and One-Off Charges etc
- Manage, attend, and minute Pre-Application Meetings, Post Offer meetings and Review meetings
- Act as primary point of contact for network companies' customer managers and attend relevant industry meetings and seminars
- Develop industry and process knowledge working closely with technical staff, consultants, project managers and financial modellers
- Degree in relevant subject
- Demonstrable experience in a contract management capacity, ideally within the energy industry but not essential
- Ability to review and interpret large contracts, industry rules, regulations, and guidance documents
- Excellent organisation skills and ability to cope with competing demands and deliver high quality results on time
- Problem solving skills and ability to question others and explore ways to reduce risk
- Robust arithmetic skills and attention to detail
- Strong collaboration, influencing and relationship-building skills.
- Confident and personable, keen to work in a dynamic, small team environment