Head of Business Development USA
Opportunity for an experienced solar business and project development executive to take on the role of Head of Business Development USA for an international renewable energy IPP.
The Head of BD USA will lead the company's development activities throughout its fastest growth market globally, with responsibilities covering the life cycle of utility-scale solar projects totalling in the multi-GWs.
This position is based Atlanta, GA and involves domestic and international travel, including to global HQ in Europe.
- Managing existing pipeline while identifying acquisition and greenfield development opportunities for utility-scale solar projects across core markets
- Manage and grow a team of project development professionals based out of the Atlanta, GA office
- Collaborate effectively with senior stakeholders from across the business and externally, including with leadership team at HQ
- Develop and implement development and acquisition strategy both in the US and with colleagues on a global basis
- Perform detailed strategic and financial analyses including feasibility for new project and portfolio acquisition
- Lead M&A negotiations with all key stakeholders
- Follow market and political changes to evaluate and respond to deal opportunities
- Prepare acquisition and other strategic transaction summaries and recommendations for executive management team
- Perform as the face of the company at all major industry events
- 10+ years' progressive business and project development experience in the US solar industry
- A proven track record as the lead developer for utility-scale solar projects and portfolios
- Demonstrable leadership experience
- Strong international mindset and ability to perform effectively in a diverse environment
- Growth mindset; desire to be part of a rapidly expanding company on a global basis
- Additional language skills a plus
- Currently based in or willing to relocate within commutable distance of Atlanta, GA office
- Ability to travel domestically and internationally as the role requires
- Strong network and relationships across the North American PV solar markets