Head of Construction Management – Onshore Renewables Taiwan
Taylor Hopkinson is the global leading recruitment partner, industry expert, and human resource solutions provider for the Renewable Energy Industry. We help connect renewables specialists to pioneering projects.
We're currently recruiting for our client, the Taiwan-based renewable energy developer and IPP for the Solar PV plants and Battery-based Energy Storage Systems in APAC, providing One-Stop Service and total solutions. Backed by an American multinational investment fund and has been selected by Google as the Renewable Energy Partner in Asia.
We're currently hiring for Head of Construction Management position who will be responsible for overseeing and managing all construction projects/sites within the onshore renewable energy projects in Taiwan and APAC. To ensure that construction projects are completed as planned, with high-quality construction processes, and effectively resolve technical challenges that may arise during construction. This position requires coordination/leading with multiple construction managers to ensure the smooth execution of projects and on-time delivery.
*This is a senior management role that requires years of Construction/Site Management experience, fluent Mandarin Chinese/Taiwanese proficiency is required for this role, and a minimum of basic conversation proficiency in English is also required*
Location: Tainan, Taiwan
Job Level: (Sr.) Manager
- Plan and execute all construction projects, ensuring that construction work proceeds as scheduled.
- Manage and coordinate multiple construction managers to ensure the efficient execution of their project teams.
- Monitor construction progress and ensure that all projects are delivered on time and meet quality standards.
- Handle the resolution of technical challenges that may arise during construction and assist construction managers in overcoming these challenges.
- Manage budgets and resources to keep construction project costs within acceptable limits.
- Collaborate with relevant departments, including design, engineering, and the supply chain, to ensure material supplies and resources are sufficient.
- Regularly report on project progress and challenges to the senior management team.
- Ensure safety during the construction process, adhering to relevant regulations and safety standards.
- Seek continuous improvement in construction processes to enhance efficiency and quality.
- Ensure the company's construction projects meet sustainability and environmental goals.
- Bachelor's degree or higher in engineering or a related field.
- A minimum of 5 years of experience in construction project management within the renewable(Solar) energy or construction industry.
- Technical Proficiency: In-depth knowledge of renewable (Solar) technology and construction processes.
- Leadership: Strong leadership and team collaboration skills, with the ability to coordinate multiple projects and construction managers concurrently.
- Problem-Solving: Proficiency in resolving technical challenges and emergencies on site.
- Budget Management: Strong budget and cost management skills.
- HSE Awareness: A focus on HSE management, especially on safety during the construction process.
- Communication Skills: Excellent oral and written communication skills in Mandarin Chinese and minimum of basic conversation level of English for effective reporting to teams and management.