Head of Construction – Offshore Wind Farms APAC
Taylor Hopkinson is the global leading recruitment partner, industry expert, and human resource solutions provider for the Renewable Energy Industry. We help connect renewables specialists to pioneering projects.
We're currently recruiting for our client, the major renewable energy developer and IPP for the offshore wind farms in APAC. With extensive project development experience in the development, construction, operation, and maintenance, they have established themselves as one of the few offshore wind companies in the world that have a proven track record across the life cycle of offshore wind farms. With a pipeline of offshore wind projects across Taiwan and other parts of Asia such as Japan and Korea.
We are seeking a highly experienced and knowledgeable Head of Construction who is responsible for providing technical leadership for all offshore construction activities within the company related to Transportation, Installation, Logistics & Ports for all packages of the Offshore Wind Projects. This role shall work closely with the Head of Engineering and other Head of functions in the organisation ensuring the successful execution of projects within scope, budget, and timeline.
In addition to provide the technical leadership the Head of Construction shall also be building a strong relationship with offshore supply chain related to vessel operators, vendors, OEMs, and EPC contractors to enable smooth delivery of our projects.
Location: Taipei, Taiwan (with frequent travel within the APAC region)
Contract: Full-time permanent staff
- Manage a team of technical individuals.
- Lead the department and the development of the teams in accordance with business needs, enabling the organization to serve the full lifecycle and portfolio of wind farms with technical excellence.
- Ensure that the teams are up to date with the latest trends and possibilities within their field of expertise and secure an innovative work environment while balancing the risk associated with these initiatives.
- Enable the department to provide new value-adding initiatives to our key stakeholders.
- Set the direction for the department and ensure alignment with stakeholder needs.
- Coach and Mentor the team across multiple locations.
- Support identification of development opportunities.
- Drive standardization and continuous improvement process in responsibility.
- Collaborate closely with other departments to maximize the business potential along the entire value chain.
- Attract competent staff and develop a motivated team.
- Ensure high level of safety performance for the team and the projects supported.
- Ensure that all activities are planned, managed, monitored and adequately resourced.
- You have an engineering university degree (M.Sc. or PhD) with a minimum of 12 years relevant work experience including experience as a Senior Manager in offshore projects managing large teams.
- Excellent leadership and communication skills, with the track record and the ability to collaborate effectively across diverse teams.
- Experienced in leading a seniority mixture of individual contributors (ranging from early career to very experienced employees)
- Proven experience in leading the construction of offshore wind farm projects, with a track record of successful project delivery.
- You command English in both verbal and written form.
- You are a highly motivated and communicative with enthusiasm and can be a role model for our technical specialists.
- You are proven skilled in dealing with strategic, highly complex issues, problems and challenges and can transfer technical challenges into economic impact.
- Willingness to relocate to Taiwan would be highly preferred, work on a travel/rotation basis is also acceptable.