Head of Energy
Job ID 11759
Head of Energy required for a leading Offshore Wind Farm developer, based in either Glasgow, Reading, or London.
- Working for the Director of Digital Services and Strategy, the Head of Energy-as-a-Service will be accountable for positioning the company as a provider of choice in Energy-as-a-Service.
- Accountable for project costs and overseeing budgetary spend.
- Ensuring all spend approved.
- Ensure projects properly costed and priced.
- Responsibility for ensuring proper governance processes followed through-out project lifecycle.
- Responsible for ensuring business achieves EaaS 5YP targets.
- Responsible for setting EaaS proposition and platform strategy.
- Responsibility to ensure we remain competitive through pricing and innovation.
- Oversee future development of platform, including international expansion.
- Responsible for recruitment and replacement of team members.
- Responsibility for designing and implementing business plans and strategies to promote the attainment of 5YP and business goals.
- Oversee Business Development activity to ensure opportunities are being pursued.
- Assist in Business Development activities to support opportunity development.
- Oversee progress of BD activity with project development manager to ensure projects are properly costed and priced.
- Ensure coordination with the rest of DE business.
- Ensure contracts are correctly created.
- Oversee System operations and have ultimate responsibility for delivering service to clients and meeting SLAs.
- Oversee relationships with key partners, and contractors.
- Manage relationships with internal teams within the business.
- Monitoring and reporting responsibility to key Stakeholders.
- Ultimate responsibility for ensuring customers is satisfied with business and performance in contracts.
- At least 5 year's experience in the energy sector, with specific focus on Distributed Energy.
- Manage interfaces with external partners and service providers.
- Fundamental Project Management knowledge and qualification.
- Educated to Degree level or higher.
- Ability to manage a team.
- Able to communicate and articulate the project needs to all parties.
- Numerical skills.
- Extremely strong written and presentation skills.
- Ability to present and communicate to top levels of management to get buy-in for projects.
- Detailed understanding of Distributed Energy, and local integrated energy systems.
- Proven experience working for an aggregator, or flexibility provider (desirable).
- Ability to be act as the lead for key task areas.
- The ability to provide and deliver sound Management input both internally and externally to all levels.
- Strong problem-solving skills that provide flexible and well considered solutions.
- Take pride in and ownership of everything you do and indicate a self-motivated "can do" attitude.
- Be a leader of people and promote company core behaviours.