Head of Engineering
Taylor Hopkinson are working with a high-growth developer and operator of solar PV, battery storage and EV charging infrastructure projects (and hybrid combinations of each) to help them accelerate their headcount growth in their UK HQ.
The company develop, engineer, build and operate projects across the UK and have current expansion plans underway in overseas markets. Financially well-backed and with ambitious MW targets over the coming years, they are seeking to appoint a Head of Engineering to be responsible for everything design, engineering and commissioning, leading the internal and external engineering teams.
- Oversee timing, quality and productivity, managing daily deliverables of the engineering projects work-stream
- Develop and lead a strong engineering function to meet growing demands and ensure consistent motivation and drive from the team
- Define and deliver objectives for the engineering function to include project management, issue and risk management, status reporting, etc.
- Engineering resource management and functional leadership, along with co-coordinating the effective resourcing of projects and the management of individual performances to defined objectives
- Managing customer deadlines and project delivery against agreed costs and timelines
- Ensure highest standards are adhered to across all engineering functions and implement continuous improvement in design quality, certification, schedule and budget
- Facilitate issue resolution across engineering across the engineering lifecycle
- Develop effective and lean engineering tools and methodologies to facilitate successful engineering project management and execution
- Provide overall engineering project management and support
- Work with senior management to ensure company systems and business requirements are met
- Degree educated in an engineering discipline
- Notable experience delivering the design, engineering and installation of solar PV and battery storage projects
- Experienced leader with team management expertise
- High energy and motivated individual with entrepreneurial nature and drive
- Willingness to travel to projects and customers