Head of Engineering – Germany
Head of Engineering required for a leading Investment company focused on solar assets.
The role is based in Germany, ideally in Munich. Initially there will be remote work.
- Broad responsibility for the management of the Project Engineering Department as well as overall accountability for the planning and execution of the functions within this department
- Responsibility for the engineering and execution of projects which includes design, elaboration of standards, cost calculations and contract management
- Guiding and managing the development of specifications for major plant equipment including transformers, switchgear, inverters, battery systems and SCADA equipment
- Working with equipment suppliers and integrators to develop custom equipment solutions
- General review of system designs, drawing packages, and performance models
- Experience in a senior position and all phases of the engineering of solar PV projects
- Proven ability to lead and manage technical teams
- Good design software skills
- Good understanding of LV, MV and HV grid connection topics
- Good MS Excel skills
- Good Planning, organization and prioritization skills
- Fluency in English and German
- Willingness to work from home and travel