Head of EPC – Canada
Head of EPC position working for an ambitious, international developer which has just acquired a new portfolio of solar projects in Canada.
The Head of EPC will be responsible for leading the successful project execution of the current portfolio in Canada and support with delivery of solar pipeline. As a Head of EPC you will be responsible for managing the EPC team and collaborating with other stakeholders in the company and in the industry
This is a full-time, permanent staff position based in Calgary.
- Lead the EPC team in the country to successfully execute projects from concept to commissioning.
- Manage EPC contracts and/or EPC contractors to successfully deliver projects in time and on budget.
- Manage relationships with key stakeholders, including internal Development team, external EPC contractors, engineering and technical advisors and other vendors, to ensure successful project delivery and customer satisfaction.
- Ensure compliance with relevant laws, regulations, and industry standards, as well as company policies and procedures.
- Monitor project budgets and timelines to ensure projects are delivered on time and within budget.
- Recruit, train, and develop the EPC team to build a highly skilled and motivated workforce.
- Collaborate with other EPC heads and cross-functional teams to share knowledge and best practices.
- Identify and manage risks to project delivery, including risks related to safety, quality, and environmental impacts.
- Drive continuous improvement and innovation in EPC processes and practices.
- Represent the company in industry events and forums, and actively promote the company's brand and reputation in the country.
Excellent proficiency in Microsoft Office suite, including Word and Excel; knowledge of MS Project is a plus.
Strong knowledge and expertise in AUTOCAD for technical drawings and design work.
Proven track record of successfully executing Solar Power Plant projects.
Preference is Electrical, Mechanical, or Civil Engineering Bachelor Degree, Masters degree will be a plus