Head of Financial Reporting
We're pleased to be supporting our long standing client with the attraction of a high level finance professional into a Head of Accounting and Reporting role in the North East of England. With operations across Europe, the organisation have an enviable position in the renewable energy market and continue to develop a range of headline wind and solar projects across the UK.
Reporting to the CFO, you'll be responsible for providing clear and accurate financial reporting information for the UK business and also work with your team to coordinate forecasting and budgeting on an on-going basis. Key to this role is the ability to project manage a large financial system implementation and drive efficiency across the finance team as part of the system upgrade.
- Responsible for the integrity and assurance of the financial ledgers.
- Leading the planning and execution of financial reporting processes, including monthly reporting, formal forecasts and medium-term plans.
- Accountable for submission of financial information into relevant shareholder systems and preparing financial information used by finance business partners with external investors
- Accountable for determining overall finance data and systems needs and implementation of the strategy. Identifying and implementing improvements in the core financial processes either through continuous development or by investments in appropriate systems and tools to meet changing customer needs.
- Understand and anticipate the impact of new accounting standards and ensuring accounting policies are successfully implemented and operating effectively across the business.
- Leading and planning the smooth and timely preparation and audit of statutory accounts for the group companies and interfacing with the external auditors
- Liaising with the Senior Tax Manager to ensure tax compliance
- An experienced qualified accountant, ideally ACA from a prestigious accounting firm. Progressive experience in financial consolidation, accounting, reporting, analysis and internal control
- Strong people management skills
- Able to plan activities for a number of teams to deliver quality products to challenging deadlines
- Very strong knowledge of both UK GAAP and IFRS, experience of preparing statutory accounts and the confidence to apply them to practical examples is essential
- Experience of transforming/implementing new accounting systems desirable
- Experience of the energy, construction or similar capital intensive industry is desirable (but not essential)