Head of HSE
Head of HSQE working directly for one of the world's largest owner operators of onshore wind. This is a key senior role reporting directly to the COO and responsible for defining and implementing HSQE best practice across the company's European portfolio.
The location for this position is flexible and the successful candidate can be based either at the company's HQ (Scotland) or elsewhere in the UK, Spain or Portugal. This is a full-time, permanent staff role.
The Head of HSQE will ensure that our strong HSQE & ESG culture is developed and maintained across the company portfolio. You will drive strategic definition and delivery of HSQE / ESG initiatives. Performance will be achieved together with team heads of country asset management, third party asset managers, contractors and staff. The successful candidate will have a proven record in delivering to the highest standards, quality HSQE/ESG management with a passion for improving through lessons learned and proactive risk management, ensuring an embedded HSQE culture, raising standards and driving continuous improvement. Main responsibilities including the following:
- Drive the business HSQE culture and continuous improvement.
- HSE compliance.
- ESG delivery & reporting.
- Data management.
- Lead HSQE training and education initiatives across the business.
The ideal candidate is an upper quartile driven HSE manager, working tirelessly and co-operatively across teams of multiple disciplines for mutual success, and clearly focused on risk management.
He or she has worked comfortably in a matrix organisation, with both internal and external stakeholders and can persuade to achieve desired outcomes and hold people and services providers to account.
He or she is comfortable bringing stability to continuous improvement programmes of work, company-wide clarity to key improvement actions and outcomes, and a motivator and supporter for others to achieve and improve.
Passionate about Safety and Environmental management that supports team and stakeholder delivery and integration.
Essential criteria including:
- Wind energy experience is essential.
- Diploma or equivalent in IOSH.
- HSQE - Chartered IOSH (or working to). Microsoft Office Suite (with very good knowledge of Excel and presentation delivery)
- Experience working with IS0 9001, IS0 14001, ISO45001 management systems
- An excellent knowledge of HSE Legislation and an ability to work with colleagues and contractors to ensure the highest standards of HSEQ.
- Good written, verbal communications and presentation skills - foreign European language (Spanish/Portuguese/French/German) would be a distinct advantage.
- Full Driving licence and the ability to travel extensively.