Head of Interconnection, Spain
Opportunity for an expert grid and interconnection professional to join of the Europe's leading solar developers in the role of Head of Interconnection, Spain.
The Head/Director, Interconnection will achieve grid connections required for large utility-scale portfolios of PV projects throughout the UK.
This individual will be responsible for managing the relationship with local DNO/DSOs to ensure the timely and cost-effective connection of projects during the development and construction process.
- Responsibility for the management and submission of grid applications for Spanish projects
- Inclusion of all relevant documentation and information required by different DNOs, to ensure applications proceed without delay
- Advise the Grid team, by providing assistance during project development and construction, identifying influencing factors relating to grid connections
- Manage the review of grid connection offers to ensure they meet the high standards and requirements of organisation
- Responsibility for the creation and maintenance of framework agreements with ICPs and equipment suppliers to ensure company delivery capacity and correct commercial agreement terms
- Provide technical assistance to Project Managers
- Develop and maintain contacts and relationships with DNOs/DSOs and Governmental agencies
- Collaborate with business development and commercial engineering to evaluate prospective M&A project opportunities
- Represent department at key internal meetings
- Represent company key external meetings and third-party sites
- Min. 8 years' professional experience in a comparable role
- Expert technical knowledge of Spanish DNO and Transmission Network Service Provider levels
- Strong understanding of 5-year and 10-year transmission plans for key Spanish jurisdictions
- Full understanding of Spanish grid connection process and grid offer negotiations
- Extensive experience with grid code and grid connection regulatory compliance
- Degree or higher level education in Power Engineering or related discipline; equivalent work experience considered