Head of Legal Projects & Markets
Taylor Hopkinson have been retained to source a Head of Legal Projects & Markets for a pioneering offshore wind developer.
Our client has over 20 years' experience as a leader in developing and operating offshore wind projects around the world. Having already delivered more than 5GW covering the entire offshore wind value chain, their mission is to help achieve global decarbonisation, providing a sustainable and secure energy for future generations.
The successful candidate will be an integral part of a high-performance leadership team, alongside the Head of Legal Corporate & Compliance, and the Head of Legal EPCI & Operations.
- Leading the Legal Projects & Markets team; providing legal support to market and project development.
- Asset management activities in Europe, the APAC region and potentially other jurisdictions.
- Advising on a large variety of legal matters relating to offshore wind projects, such as permitting procedures, lease/capacity/tariff auctions, grid connection and feed-in regulations and contracts, cooperation and consultancy agreements as well as general legal regulatory advice.
- Working independently while also liaising with internal stakeholders, including senior management, as well as external legal counsel.
- Fully qualified lawyer (bar exam equivalent), with excellent academic credentials and extensive legal experiences.
- Accomplished in an international law firm.
- Profound knowledge of large-scale energy and/or infrastructure projects, preferably in renewable energy.
- Strong management and communication skills.
- Business proficiency in the English language.
- Ability to work independently and proven ability to lead.