Head of Legal – The Baltic region
Offshore Wind,Onshore Wind,Solar
Taylor Hopkinson have been retained by Ignitis Group to search and select a Head of Legal for their renewable energy arm of the business.
Ignitis Group is the largest listed company and an energy leader in the Baltic region. Ignitis Renewables is an international green energy company operating in the three Baltic states and Poland. The company is responsible for development of offshore and onshore wind farms, solar energy, biomass and waste-to-energy projects. By developing new projects, the company implements the strategic goal of Ignitis Group to reach 4 GW of installed green generation capacity by 2030.
The Head of Legal will be responsible for all legal activities of the company and reporting directly to the CEO.
The preferred job location is Vilnius or Warsaw with the possibility to consider other locations for the right candidate.
- Managing M&A related legal issues, partnership management and EPC management.
- Legal assistance in all Renewable business development cycle - from business acquisition, stakeholder management to contract and claim management.
- Setting up the legal framework for renewables.
- Empowering the legal team to serve as trusted business advisors working closely with the business to develop innovative solutions.
- Cooperation with Group legal function.
- Proactive counselling of senior decision makers, stakeholders and the main shareholder on good corporate governance and effective management of legal risks.
- Communicating with internal and external project stakeholders regarding dedicated tasks.
- Building the legal team.
- Bachelor's Degree in Law.
- 5+ years' experience in legal leadership role.
- Energy and Renewable specific experience.
- M&A and partnership contract management experience.
- Strong people management skills with the ability to motivate and lead international teams, achieve sustainable results and drive the change.
- Solid problem-solving and decision-making skills, an ability to analyse complex issues.
- Strong stakeholder management skills including reporting to the board members in a clear manner and influencing without authority.
- Capability to work under time pressure and in a dynamic business environment.
- Self-motivated and results oriented.
- Fluency in English.
- Flexibility to travel to core markets when necessary.
Competitive salary package offered.