Head of New Ventures
Floating Wind Farm,Offshore Wind,Onshore Wind
Taylor Hopkinson has been exclusively retained by a global leader in industry standards to appoint a Head of New Ventures.
The successful candidate will be responsible for developing and delivering the diversification of their offering into new markets, with a particular focus on renewables (offshore wind, onshore wind, hydrogen, solar). The ideal candidate will bring experience and knowledge of offshore wind or other renewables technologies, business development acumen and the ability to engage effectively with both internal and external stakeholders at all levels.
This role can be home-based with a preference for candidates based in North of England or Scotland.
- Support the growth of the New Ventures team and provide inspirational leadership that engages and motivates all levels of staff
- Develop and deliver the products and services required by the renewables industry to underpin its ambitions
- Proactively engage necessary stakeholders and resources to ensure delivery of diversification strategy
- Identify opportunities across the renewables and integrated energy sectors to support workforce mobility and competency development
- Build an extended team of associates, comprising technical and industry subject-matter experts to ensure that products developed are relevant and valued
- Implement a progressive, regional approach to develop business, gathering renewables market intelligence, identifying opportunities and providing valued solutions
- Work closely with senior Directors to develop and drive the uptake of new products by the renewables sector
- Engage with stakeholders across the renewables market on skills and safety and promote company profile as the partner of choice across the renewables sector
- Secure adoption by renewables owner operators as a trusted partner for the development and maintenance of high-quality products
- Demonstrable experience in the renewables sector, ideally including offshore wind (business development, project development, commercial negotiations)
- Track record of strategic planning, risk management and delivery of growth initiatives
- Excellent network of relationships in the renewables industry and amongst key stakeholders in the energy transition space
- Detailed knowledge of major capital projects and sound understanding of regulatory dynamics and business drivers in the renewables sector
- Proven business development acumen with leading organisations in the private and public sectors
- Excellent interpersonal, facilitation and influencing skills