Head of Offshore Development
Floating Wind Farm,Offshore Wind,Transmission & Distribution
Head of Offshore Development required to join the Edinburgh office of a leading offshore developer.
The ideal candidate will have a background in securing onshore and offshore consents and land acquisition for major offshore infrastructure proposals from development through to construction and operations.
- Provide management, insight and support for environmental and permit compliance during development, construction and operations
- Engage with regulators and statutory stakeholders including attendance at strategic internal and external stakeholder meetings
- Interface between development and other project teams (including construction, finance, project controls and commercial) to ensure project consents are understood
- Ensure Work Package Managers are aware of the obligations put on their respective packages in terms of consent compliance
- Support engagement with regulators, statutory and other stakeholders, communities and relevant NGOs and related government officials
- Manage project budgets and line manage dedicated development team
- Degree in relevant subject (e.g. Environmental Science, Law, Business Administration)
- Demonstrable experience with a consultancy, utility or developer, delivering consents / permits for offshore renewables infrastructure
- Comprehensive knowledge of environmental and consenting policies, regulations and compliance requirements
- Track record of stakeholder management for offshore wind energy/ transmission projects and ability to communicate and work cooperatively with regulatory agencies
- Experience managing others and engaging with internal and external project teams
- Excellent time management and verbal / written communication skills