Head of Offshore Engineering
Floating Wind Farm,Offshore Wind
The Head of Offshore Engineering will report into the Global Head of Engineering & Construction and lead the offshore engineering team across all aspects of engineering management.
An exciting opportunity to join an innovative wind energy company focusing on the development phase of offshore wind and its integration with other future technologies.
This is a full-time position with flexibility in location between Central Scotland & London, UK.
- Project design input throughout the development phase, and design review and co-ordination between suppliers and contractors within implementation contract documentation
- Engagement and management of key stakeholders - internal and external. Support and input to meetings with 3rd parties, lobbying, representation at conferences and trade events, taking part in relevant working groups, Wind Europe, etc.
- Support the sustainable development phases of projects in full compliance with statutory and Company Health, Safety and Environmental standards.
- Manage the future growth of the team as workload increases, planning, candidate review and selection, on-boarding.
- Development of team including graduates and junior engineers. Interface with other departments for knowledge transfer and sharing.
- Provide technical know-how in the pre-construction phase, assisting developers to reach "ready to build" status, and supporting the subsequent handover to the construction team.
- Understand technical limitations of proposed projects and develop sustainable solutions which best fit within the local constraints and context of the scheme
- Input to review, assessment and ultimate design of new supply chain, existing industrial opportunities etc.
- Provide support in determining the CAPEX and OPEX budgeting for the development and construction of renewable projects.
- Respond to technical queries and provide expert technical assistance to the M&A team, Development team, development partners and the project construction team
- Support procurement in scoping, specifying, and negotiating external technical/engineering consultancy agreements and construction contracts.
- Ensure any interface gaps between contracts are identified and responsibility is allocated accordingly
- Provide technical input to risk registers and drafting project programmes.
- Continual appraisal of new construction methodologies, technologies, and industry best practice
- Chartered Civil/Structural Engineer or commensurate experience.
- Experience of design development of renewable energy projects.
- Excellent communication skills (internal and external stakeholders and partners, technical and non-technical).
- Quality, health and safety management experience of design and construction works.
- Design co-ordination between contractors/suppliers.
- Pragmatic and creative problem solving.
- IOSH trained, for example: Managing Safely for Wind Power (IOSH).
- Fluent English speaker or additional language skills advantageous.
- Full clean driving license.