Head of Offshore Wind
World-leading service business in the oil & gas industry recruiting for a senior executive to lead market entry into offshore wind. Location can be flexible to fit the best available candidate.
This is an exciting opportunity for a talented leader to join the company. The new HOW will be a critical member of the executive leadership team, and will be expected to play a vital role in designing, managing and delivering the company's strategic entry and growth into the Offshore Wind industry, to be one of the top three independent service providers for offshore wind maintenance.
First and foremost, we are seeking an experienced Offshore Wind Operations and Maintenance executive, who can provide business insight and opinion, whilst delivering the offshore wind strategy. Candidates must be able to traverse effectively between the big picture strategic perspective, as well as the operational and commercial detail. The mission for the offshore wind division is to deliver to our customers the maximum uptime and value generation through safe, reliable and highly cost-efficient end-to-end maintenance services for the offshore wind industry. The offshore wind strategy will be to establish a reputation and presence in Europe, primarily UK, before expanding into the SE Asia and US offshore wind markets.
We are looking for candidates who have a track record, within offshore wind, of managing operational and commercial functions and successfully using technology to driver business process improvement and top line growth.
Candidates must be a strong cultural fit with the organisation. They will need to be collaborative team players, able to build strong working relationships at all levels of the organisation and inspire the finance team. Candidates must be culturally agile and able to work effectively with multiple nationalities.
To support growth plans there will be an acquisition-driven strategy to achieve credibility, scale and efficiency. Candidates who have M&A experience, both in evaluation of targets and integration would be preferred.
The HOW will report directly to the CEO, will be a member of the Executive Management team which includes the CEO, CFO, Chief Business Development Officer, and Group Operations Directors. The wider leadership team includes the six regional General Managers of the operating companies who all report to the CEO.
Strategy & Planning:
- Work with the CEO and other members of the EXCO to deliver the offshore wind strategy and 2030 vision
- Interact with other senior managers to provide consultative support to deliver the offshore wind strategy
- Work with the commercial and operations teams to plan and execute the offshore wind service offering
- Assist in evaluating potential M&A targets, part of the acquisition team and delivering the post-acqusition integration with the offshore wind division
Offshore Wind Function Leadership:
- Accountable for offshore wind P&L, setting and delivering annual budget
- Establish the offshore wind division, lead and recruit the offshore wind leadership team including commercial, operations and M&A support
- Strong, commercial capabilities able to drive revenue, understand market conditions and gain early knowledge of prospective developments to exploit commercial opportunities, bringing comprehensive knowledge and understanding of markets, customers, suppliers, competitors
- Overseeing all operations, commercial and business activities within the Offshore Wind division to ensure the desired results are delivered and are consistent with overall strategy and objectives
- Lead, motivate and develop the Offshore Wind management team, utiliising effective leadership and people management practices to achieve optimum job and company performance
- Monitor operational performance monthly/quarterly trends against operational plans
Qualifications and Experience:
- Proven Offshore Wind experience in the Operations and Maintenance sector is essential
- Excellent Commercial Awareness
- Evaluation and delivery of M&A
- Ability to lead/motivate multi-disciplined teams
Stop work by challenging and stopping unsafe acts and behaviours or unsafe conditions.
Comply with Standard Operating Procedures defined in Responsibilities above, and company STOP WORK system.
- Strategic Agility
- Strive for Results
- Decision Quality
- Motivating others