Head of Origination – Offshore Wind (USA)
Floating Wind Farm,Offshore Wind
Taylor Hopkinson is currently working with a global oil and gas player who is pushing its energy transition agenda by building out its senior leadership team in its offshore wind new markets and business development unit.
- Support senior management in the development of a new markets strategy which positions company to successfully develop projects in those markets.
- Outline companies position to policy creators and decision makers, including government, regulators and legislators, and stakeholders.
- Manage and support pre-auction development and project works to prepare projects for lease auctions and the relevant development steps.
- Lead on joint venture agreements and act as main point of contact on all new joint venture partnerships
- Review government policies and activities in order to communicate relevant changes/updates to the project development teams.
- Lead bid preparations, ensuring timely delivery, the highest possible standards and that they meet the bidding criteria.
- Degree educated or above, or professional qualification, in a relevant discipline.
- Track record of exposure to government/regulatory affairs within a directly relevant country or organisation.
- Substantial experience in the energy industry, offshore wind experience would be advantageous.
- Background in management of external and internal stakeholders essential
- Confident communicator to a range of audiences, comfortable managing a team of professionals and strong people coordination skills.
- Strategic planning experience, combined with an understanding of risk management and growth delivery.