Head of Partnering and Transaction
Offshore Wind,Onshore Wind,Solar
Taylor Hopkinson is looking to hire Head of Partnering and Transaction to help enable the implementation strategy in Japan for the P&T APAC team, the role is based in Tokyo.
The Partnerships & Transactions (P&T) team is the M&A and Corporate Business Development function
Key activities of the P&T team are:
- Establishing and maintaining trustful partnerships and relationships with market players;
- Originating and developing new business opportunities through partnerships;
- Delivering growth through pipeline enhancement and capital rotation;
- Supporting business development activities to facilitate market entry in new markets and new technologies.
Specific duties and responsibilities include:
Delivering the long-term growth strategy & Creating and nurturing trusted relationships:
- Design of a structured and coherent Partnering approach to increase partnership value and ensure a successful implementation;
- Actively identify potential business development opportunities with new and existing joint venture partners;
- Manage relationship with potential and existing joint venture partners;
- Monitor the execution of the key entry strategies in light of the growth strategy and recommend tactical actions;
- Constantly monitor the competitive landscape and market conditions to identify opportunities, issues, and risks to recommend tactical strategies;
- Collect and analyze market research and competitive analysis to identify market trends in the industry.
Deal making and governance:
- Lead negotiation, approval, execution and closing of selected M&A and joint venture processes, including the negotiation of sale purchase agreements and shareholder agreements;
- Execute selected acquisitions for pipeline enhancement in Japan according to a specific growth strategy;
- Prepare and coordinate due diligence processes and manage external advisors;
- Continuous financial and qualitative analysis of a defined number of transactions and transaction opportunities;
- Analyze, drive, challenge and deliver a competitive and appropriate valuation for interest in opportunities (including risk identification and mitigation);
- Liaise with all key internal and external stakeholders.
Competences required are:
- Business, Law, Financial degree or equivalent; MBA, CFA or similar postgraduate degree considered a plus;
- 10+ years' experience within Private Equity, Investment Banking (M&A or Corporate/ Structured Finance) or similar;
- Understanding of the energy markets, generation technologies and investor markets;
- Excellent strategic and analytical skills coupled with the ability to apply sound business judgement and a pragmatic and creative approach to problem-solving;
- Ability to plan and prioritize effectively: strong project and process management skills;
- Good interpersonal skills to network, communicate and interact with senior stakeholders (both internal and external), solution oriented;
- Partner centric mindset and superior customer service focus;
- Affinity and high motivation to work in an international and changing business environment;
- Strong personal skills, acting comfortably in various cultural environments with a sense for diversity and inclusion;
- Fluent in written and spoken Japanese and English, other languages a plus.