Head of Procurement – Germany
Head of Procurement required for a leading Investment company focused on solar assets.
The role is based in Germany, ideally in Munich. Initially there will be remote work.
- Broad responsibility over the design and management of the procurement department as well as the evaluation of suppliers and vendors, cultivation of strategic industry partnerships, negotiation of special supplier agreements and forecasting of availability and pricing of major system components
- Leading the development and improvement of purchasing procedures along with workflows that ultimately serve the development, engineering and construction teams
- Creating and following best practices in processes for large scale procurement
- Building key relationships and managing those relationships actively with key vendors
- Analysing and managing risk in contracting with vendors and be familiar with evolving
- Creating and implementing appropriate performance metrics for external suppliers, as well as the procurement organization itself
- Developing and maintaining a database for cost comparison among vendor, subcontractor and product alternatives to support management decisions
- Experience in a senior position and all phases of the procurement of solar PV projects
- Good supplier network in the PV industry
- Proven competency in setting up teams with successful operational results and leadership ability
- Good understanding of contract negotiations, pricing, vendors cooperation
- Fluency in English and German
- Willingness to work from home and travel