Head of Procurement
As Head of Procurement, you will lead procurement of wind turbines, solar, and storage equipment as well as major construction contracts for all company projects globally. This position is strategic and is a key driver of project success and risk management working across the full value chain of the projects.
The Head of Procurement owns the procurement processes and the governance of the process including supplier relationship management. Stakeholder management externally with supply chain, and internally with commercial and technical teams, is a key requirement of the role.
- Procurement and contracting strategies for all projects in the group in collaboration with relevant internal stakeholders.
- Selection of wind turbine model, PV equipment, contractors, and key equipment suppliers, including prequalification, tender process, tender evaluation, contractor recommendation/selection.
- Contract negotiation, execution and handover to execution teams.
- Competitive offtake bid and Power Purchase Agreement support.
- Construction capex cost and schedule estimating as input to budgets, management reports, and projects. Maintenance of internal capex databases and forecasts.
- Liaising and cooperating with external parties in relation to procurement activities including lenders, independent engineers, contractors, government bodies, system operators, Mainstream platforms, etc.
- Provision of support during the due diligence and financial close process as required.
- Participate in company knowledge-sharing groups which focus on sharing expertise globally, and interaction with the relevant in-house teams.
- Assist with due diligence on project acquisitions in new markets and green-fielding strategies.
- Updating and maintenance of procurement operating procedures.
- Participation in group technology tracking and roadmap for key technologies.
Education and Experience
- 10 year's experience in procurement/construction and contract management on a multi-disciplinary basis.
- Degree in Engineering, Science, Technology or similar.
- Direct experience in renewable project procurement.
- Fluency in English including excellent written and oral communications skills.
- Strong project management skill set required including contract management, contract administration, scheduling, planning, financial control and management.