Head of PV Construction, Italy
Opportunity for an exceptional and highly experienced Head of Construction/Project Management to join one of Europe's leading PV Solar Developers.
The Head of Construction, Italy will be responsible for managing a portfolio of utility-scale PV projects from development through to handover following successful construction and commissioning activities are achieved. Additionally, this individual will be responsible for the success of a team of Project and Sr. Project Managers on their own portfolios.
Successful candidates will have extensive experience in Construction and Project Management, with >10 years' in the space, complimented by full commercial exposure and responsibility in recent roles.
- Manage a portfolio of utility-scale PV solar projects from development through to handover upon successful construction and commissioning
- Take on responsibility for commercial activities, including managing divisional and project budgets, P&L and contract management
- Support - as required - other projects not directly assigned to the Senior PM, at times in different regions/territories
- Collaborate with HSE to ensure full consideration in relation to construction criteria throughout project
- Ensure design review processes for the basic EPC design is performed and actioned in a timely and accurate manner
- Develop and maintain a range of key stakeholder relationships on a local and wider project basis
- Coordinate all aspects of the project through to commercial operations and ensure smooth handover to Asset Management
- Lead the array of legal related requests and documentation, working with the legal team to issue these as required
- Ensure proper validation of the project design, agreeing in line with technical requirements.
- Prepare weekly and monthly project update reports, presenting as required to senior management and additional stakeholders
- Manage project budget and cash flow in accordance with pre and ongoing projections
- Mentor and support more junior PMs to facilitate their personal development
- Min. Degree education in Engineering or Construction, or equivalent qualification
- Min. 10 years' power plant construction experience, including 5+ years' within the renewable energy industry
- Professional proficiency Italian and English language skills
- Demonstrable exposure to all commercial responsibilities related to utility-scale power plant construction (e.g. project P&L, budgets, and contract management/negotiation)
- Preference for candidates with experience working for EPC, DNO and/or IPP/Asset Owner
- Extensive Project and Construction Management experience in the specific country of the role
- Deep knowledge of the development, construction, interconnection, commissioning processes for utility-scale PV solar plants in country of interest
- Full understanding of HSE requirements for utility-scale PV plant construction
- Demonstrable track record of delivering projects with no accidents/incidents, on-time and within budgetary requirements/estimations
- Previous experience managing a team
- Work experience as an Engineering/Site Manager a plus
- Experience managing large projects of 50MW+ is essential