Head of QHSE
Floating Wind Farm,Offshore Wind
Taylor Hopkinson is working exclusively to build out the project team for a new consortium. This team will develop & execute ScotWind floating wind projects as well as an international pipeline of offshore wind projects in Europe.
As Head of HSEQ you will lead HSEQ activities related to the setup of the consortium partner's offshore businesses, establishing and maintaining a culture that values health, safety, environment and quality as its top priority and promotes a questioning attitude, willingness to intervene and fostering a spirit of continuous improvement.
You will work across UK and European portfolios, reporting to the Country Manager/Managing Director of each region with responsibility to identify and serve the needs of all projects, as agreed with the relevant Project Director.
- Develop, lead and manage the HSEQ team, in line with the identified and agreed HSEQ resource needs of each region, across all project phases.
- Provide leadership, both internally and externally, to develop and maintain a holistic HSEQ department and to deliver comprehensive and industry leading HSEQ systems and processes.
- Assist Project Directors and Country Managers on HSEQ in stakeholder activities.
- Promote HSEQ values and implement project/site specific HSEQ programmes and plans.
- Promote the separate elements of Health, Safety (including personal and asset Security), Environment and Quality, ensuring each is given appropriate weight and visibility within the Partnership.
- Produce and lead the implementation of the CDM 2015 Regulatory Strategy across the UK project portfolio and provide expertise to Project Directors.
- Provide coaching and assistance to the wider team, and others, with regard to understanding and implementing of company HSEQ Standards, statutory requirements, industry standards, and best practice across all Partnership activities.
- Establish activities and plans to monitor HSEQ aspects of all planned works, supporting the overall project programme, including inspections, reviews and assessments.
- Establish and implement HSEQ requirements in ITT processes for contracts in line with the contract strategy.
- Establish and implement HSEQ procedures to monitor, record and report compliance of sub-contractors/vendors to all relevant HSEQ requirements, supported by the site management team, and identify and manage interventions where required.
- Plan and support a program for training, motivation and further competency development for site personnel and ensure site HSEQ training programmes are implemented, monitored and updated as required.
- Ensure systems are in place and aligned across the teams, departments and projects for the Monthly collation and reporting of HSEQ statistics and KPIs.
- Ensure that monthly reports from contractors and suppliers give the necessary information on HSEQ matters to perform their reporting.
- Prepare, implement and maintain QHSE management systems for the needs of the Partnership (offices and projects).
- Provide specific advice on QHSE issues to other functions across the Partnerships activities.
- Participate and collaborate in the planning, drafting and implementation of HAZOP, HAZID and HIRA documents and procedures and associated risk assessments.
- Ensure processes and personnel are in place to provide HSEQ specific reviews and input to all the documentation for obtaining the various environmental authorisation, construction site documents, supplier evaluations, contracts, authorisations.
- Relevant degree/higher education in engineering, HSEQ or equivalent experience.
- Chartered Member of a relevant institute preferred.
- Used to working in a matrix structure and with senior line management experience.
- Track record as a Health, Safety, Environment and Quality specialist within the offshore or offshore wind energy industry.
- Significant specific experience within HSEQ management (Contractor/Employer) from execution of large projects in the offshore wind industry.
- Good knowledge of current UK and European authorities HSEQ regulations and standards.
- Knowledge of HSEQ work processes on construction work sites.
- Knowledge of, and significant previous experience in developing and implementing QHSE management systems.
- Practical experience from project implementation through to operations in an offshore wind environment is an advantage.
- Good knowledge of HAZOP, HAZID, HIRA and FMEA techniques.
- Demonstrable commitment to continual professional development within HSEQ.
- Detailed knowledge of project management processes and best practice.
- Result oriented, structured and flexible, with the ability to work both in teams as well as independently.