Health and Safety Advisor – Onshore Wind
A Health and Safety Advisor is required to work for on onshore Wind Farm in Sweden for a Major Offshore Wind Farm Developer.
- To give independent, authoritative advice and support to ensure H&S compliance including legal requirements, the BA Wind H&S ambition and industry best practice through early phases of the asset lifecycle.
- Give independent advice (wanted/unwanted) and support the project team on implementation of the BA Wind H&S Management System in accordance with ISO 45001.
- Support and coach project teams and managers to fulfil their H&S responsibilities and increase H&S awareness and leadership
- Participate in Technical Due Diligence workshops and Turbine Walkdowns with area team.
- Monitor legislation concerning design / machine directive / permits, etc.
- Ensure accidents/incidents are reported and investigated in accordance with company procedures and legal requirements
- Carry out and contribute to internal/external H&S inspections, audits and safety assessments when required and on completion provide written reports.
- Effectively coordinate, communicate, and report on H&S status.
- Support the Onshore unit to continually improve their H&S culture, leadership and performance.
- Support development and implementation of our H&S strategies, plans, regulations, and standards.
- Understand current and future business needs for assigned area and estimate workload.
- Continuously prioritise and drive progress on H&S Onshore goals and change initiatives.
- At least 5 years relevant experience in working in a high hazard industry such as construction / power industry and/or Wind industry with focus on Health & Safety.
- Experience as Machine Safety Expert is a strong plus.
- Relevant Health & Safety education and BAS-P experience.
- Strong ability to influence on management level, build relations, understand the business, manage expectations & facilitate decisions.
- Proactive and ability to function fully independently.
- Full and detailed understanding of EU & Swedish Health & Safety legislation
- Ability to advise and support projects to ensure high H&S standards.
- Good communication skills both verbally and written in English and Swedish.