HR Manager required to work on major Scottish windfarm project in Edinburgh. This is a key role working directly for the asset owner, a major international renewable energy developer with a growing global portfolio.
The HR Manager reports to the Project Director and is responsible for all HR functions, including, but not limited to, recruiting, employee relations, training, and compensation and benefits, (in coordination with the project’s seconding partners) as well as other related areas. In this position, the HR Manager will provide centralised support both to individual staff requirements as well as to the project’s management and assists with the reporting to project’s partners in a regular basis. The HR Manager works independently and proactively, and ensures all project’s standards and industry good practice are satisfied.
- Validate payroll(s) and ensure the correct processing of Human Resource information. Work with Partner HR departments to communicate and coordinate new hires and terminations, leaves of absence, employee data changes, salary adjustments, promotions, transfers and other department and supervisor changes.
- Chair the monthly Project HR Committee and report on HR activity to the seconding partner company’s HR representatives.
- Lead recruitment processes in line with the project staff resource plan, coordinate new hires’ approvals with the managers, screening applications, setting up interviews, follow-up with candidates and processing background checks/drug screenings when needed, conducting exit interviews.
- Maintain and update the Staff Resource Plan in line with staff leavers/joiners to maintain an accurate and reliable record of staff headcount, budget control and resource needs over time.
- Lead efforts to ensure new hires are integrated into the project organisation. Manage and lead on conducting new hire orientation.
- Serve as a resource to employees for benefits/policy questions as well as for other HR issues.
- Ensure that HR policies, procedures and employee handbook are maintained and updated as required over time.
- Assist in facilitating STEM ambassador activity in line with the project supply chain plan and project commitments to foster the development of skills within/out-with the project.
- Research employee questions/problems; recommend resolution to Project Director and Project HR Committee.
- Respond to client inquiries on HR problems either directly to the client or provide background information for the Project HR Committee.
- Coordinate, execute, control and evaluate the annual project training plan.
- Coordinate the development of job descriptions with the relevant manager.
- Analyse benefits and best practices locally.
- Coordinate and manage labour relations and related issues.
- Launch and co-ordination of annual appraisals with line management.
- Maintain and update employees’ database and records.
- 1 direct report (HR Assistant).
- Degree in Human Resources, Business or similar subject.
- Significant experience in a similar role. Membership of CIPD.
- Attention to detail, establishing priorities and meeting deadlines, professional demeanour, approachable, discreet and a team player.
- Able to work independently on multiple priorities while maintaining flexibility to changing and expanding job duties or assignments.
- Knowledge of Microsoft Office (word processing, presentations, and spreadsheets). Sensitive to business needs, employee goodwill, and public image.
- High level of interpersonal skills. Excellent communication skills. Ability to handle highly confidential information. Internal drive.