HSE Manager – Canada
Job ID 22291
As the Canada Country HSE Manager your responsibilities will include:
- Achieve or exceed Incident reduction / elimination objectives
- Review, implement, and maintenance of the Quality Management System in accordance with the relevant HSE standards (ISO 14001 and ISO 45001).
- Identify and implement HSE initiatives
- Ensure training needs are identified, delivered and monitored.
- Actively monitor projects HSE performance
- Lead HSE audits onsite
- Lead HSE Incident investigations and deploy the resulting actions
- Develop, implement and monitor HSE Tools eg Procedures, Forms, Registers etc in order to support and improve HSE Performance
- Manage HSE reporting from sites and make sure it complies with specifications and is validated.
- Ensure compliance with all statutory legislation including (but not limited to) Health, Safety and Environment Protection.
- Working with contractors to ensure that high standards of safety are set and maintained
- Provide effective HSE support to HSE Lead and HSE Managers
- Provide HSE reports
- Ensure and effectively manage compliance of HSE systems and processes through the coordination of external audits, internal audits, inspections and training
- Develop and maintain a professional relationship with clients, industry groups and other stakeholders
- Ensure all work carried out complies with Health, Safety and Environment requirements at all times and in accordance with internal HSE policies, objectives and targets
- Foster a positive working relationship with contractors and escalate/report issues and collaboratively address
- Review HSE Reporting actively identifying areas of increased incident/risk's, provide solutions/recommendations to Site Project HSE Managers and on-site and Calgary EPC team to address
- Represent during internal and external HSE audits, as well as ensure its positive outcome.
- Manage lessons learned and further development and improvement of HSE across operations
- Manage delivery of HSE Framework whilst supporting improvements and initiatives for the organisation
- Ensure HSE improvements and initiatives are delivered
- Develop and maintain a 'Safe Working Culture' through ongoing active engagement and education of leaders and the workforce
- Manage performance of Project HSE Managers and their teams
- Ensure HSE objectives and targets are met;
- BSc degree in Engineering.
- Excellent command of written and spoken English; knowledge of French and/or Spanish is a plus
- At least 10 years' experience in delivering HSE services & demonstrating progressive leadership in construction or industrial manufacturing , ideally in solar or renewables.
- Minimum 5 years' (out off or additional to 10 years), experience in leading an HSE team.
- Knowledge and qualification of ISO 45001 and 14001 management systems Auditor.
- Managed HSE in large project
- Working knowledge of applicable legislation in Canada and the Province of Alberta
- Experience and understanding of HSE issues within construction, preferably solar.
- Experienced manager able to direct a team, and others that do not report directly.
- Ability to manage uncertainty and work in a multinational cross-functional team in a dynamic working environment with demanding deliverables & deadlines
- Canadian Driving Licence