HSSE Manager – Spain
Taylor Hopkinson is in the search of an experienced HSSE Manager, based in Spain, for one of the world's leading solar companies.
The HSSE Manager has the responsibility for managing Health, Safety, Security & Environment in the planning, construction and opetaion phases of the project in accordance with the Health and Safety Management System, applicable requirements and procedures and best practice documents.
Being on site as much as needed, the HSSE Manager implements and maintains an environmental health and safety program involving hazard identification evaluation and control, accident/injury prevention, hazardous material/waste management, emergency preparedness, fire/life safety, ergonomics, industrial hygiene, and environmental regulatory compliance.
- Lead and established the project's HSSE work process in accordance with the standards of the company
- Assist the Operations team on site
- Supervise the HSSE program and activities related to the HSSE audits, inspections, reviews, and risk assessments
- Promote a HSSE culture in accordance with the corporate values and define and implement site HSSE program and plans
- Assist the site team about the implementation of the HSSE and industry Standards, statutory requirements, and best practice
- Work along with the Site Management Team to Ensure HSSE compliance of all the stakeholders on site
- Plan and implement the HSSE training, and motivation program for site personnel
- Ensure the contractors are performing activities in accordance with the Spanish law
- Ensure monthly reports from stakeholders provide the enough information on HSSE
- Ensure proper coordination of the H&S team with other Operations functions
- Train, support, and supervise the H&S Officers assigned to each project in the country
- Work along with the Operations Managers to review audit findings
- Ensure H&S related knowledge across the Operations team
- Implement company policy and procedures and contribute to the development of company policy
- Bachelor's degree in Engineering is highly recommended
- Specific H&S qualifications and knowledge of the Spanish HSSE legislation
- Full availability to travel across Spain
- Proficiency in both Spanish and English
- Previous experience in managing H&S for large scale energy projects
- Previous experience in solar and HV projects