HSEQ Manager- Offshore Wind
HSEQ Manager working directly for a leading offshore wind developer. This is a full-time, permanent staff position based in Edinburgh.
The HSEQ Manager will to provide expert advice and bring an industry best practice approach to supporting the company's offshore development activities.
- Provide leadership to the offshore development teams on Health and Safety matters which relate to offshore wind development activities. Manage, implement, maintain, and continually improve an ISO accredited HSE management system.
- Responsible for identifying HSE legislation and regulations related to offshore wind and marine environments in all company markets and management of HSE legal compliance, applying industry best practice where standards exceed local legislative requirements.
- Set annual HSE objectives in alignment with company global objectives and ensure these are approved and communicated, establish KPIs, monitor statistics, analyse trends, report performance to senior management, and propose and take remedial action if HSE targets are not met or whenever necessary.
- Develop processes that will ensure quality is managed and maintained for project development activities.
- Develop company safety standards for offshore activities and implement all company safety standards across all project activities.
- Conduct hazard identification and risk assessments for offshore wind development activities, defining suitable mitigation measures to reduce risk and protect the environment.
- Participate in the development and maintenance of project health and safety plans and support the implementation of the plans for all development projects, to include emergency response arrangements.
- Conduct contractor and consultant HSE competency assessments, evaluate HSE documentation submitted to the company and perform contractor HSE performance assessments.
- Engage with contractors in emerging markets to ensure their activities in compliance with company standards and international best practice.
- Monitor and assess safety performance related to project activities, at times at site locations, developing and managing the implementation of improvement plans where necessary.
- Ensure all HSE incidents and occurrences are reported, investigated, corrective actions allocated, and incident workflow managed through to closure, in line with company procedures and local legal requirements.
- Interact with both external and internal stakeholders on HSE matters, including other business units, project managers, contractors, suppliers, and customers.
- Draft HSE elements of company contracts, ITT documentation or government tendering submissions.
- Develop an offshore competency and training matrix, organising, and delivering where necessary all training activities required to achieve compliance with the matrix.
- Plan and execute an auditing program under the HSE management system and assess contractors for compliance with their own HSE standards.
- Foster a positive safety culture among the offshore team, promoting reliable reporting practices, risk-based thinking and resilience to change.
- Contribute to lessons learned sessions across the business and implement change where opportunities for improvement are identified.
- Honours degree/higher level professional health and safety qualification desired (e.g. NVQ5 / NVQ6 / Degree). Masters Degree in HSE or related field an advantage.
- Member of recognised professional institution (e.g. IOSH,Tech/GradIOSH working towards CMIOSH Status in UK) - desired.
- Relevant HSE experience with offshore wind is essential.
- Legislation & Renewables - Knowledge of UK and international HSE legislation and best practice standards in high-risk working environments, preferably within offshore renewables industry. Advanced IT literacy is essential with familiarity in using the suite of Microsoft Office software programs and document storage systems such as SharePoint, adopt and implement new systems, and maintain clear and concise HSE documentation and possess strong analytical skills.
- Ability to speak and write English fluently, with excellent communication and leadership skills.
- Strong practical knowledge relating to safety in design, construction safety, health and environmental protection.
- Incident investigations and root cause analysis - expert level of knowledge and experience.
- Ability to work on multiple projects with colleagues in various countries in a complex and multicultural environment, capable of working autonomously with proficient organisational ability and commitment to meeting deadlines.