HV Project Engineer
HV Project Engineer required to work for a leading Offshore Wind Farm Developer on a Taiwanese Offshore Wind Farm project. This would be a 2 year contract.
- The HV Project Engineer is responsible for managing the process of HV and protection equipment delivered by the EPC contractor according to scope and ensuring a high level of quality
- The Project Engineer will participate in the FAT and work on the onshore site to make it possible to follow progress of installation and testing.
- Overlook critical Factory acceptant
- Site acceptant and Site integration testing of the HV components and Protection scope is preformed according to standards and specifications.
- Keep track of snags found and ensure that the EPC contract rectify these.
- Act as technical go-to person for Protection and HV Components.
- Present the Protection and HV components aspects and challenges to stakeholders and communicate with Project Managers.
- Provide input to back-office regarding the potential protection suppliers in new markets and regions
- Participate in toolbox and commissioning board meetings
- Crisis management in case of faults/trips/non conformities/delays Drive supplier and performance issues
- Must have worked with HV equipment such as GIS and Transformers
- BSc./MSc within Electrical Engineering
- Extensive experience with electrical engineering, operations and maintenance within the offshore and onshore industry, protection systems, HV equipment, civil and structural interfaces, suppliers, technical and system analysis software.
- Excellent understanding and experience with technical aspects of the departments field of work with the focus on protection systems.