HVDC Substation Package Manager
Established international offshore wind developer seeking an HVDC Substation Package Manager to join their growing team in the US as they develop further offshore wind projects. This person will support the delivery of the HVDC Substations works package, from early-stage development to commissioning, in collaboration with other technical, commercial and legal areas within the Corporate and Project Team.
- Responsible for managing all aspects of the onshore and offshore HVDC substations packages for NY Bight project, providing leadership and ensuring successful delivery across the design/engineering, manufacturing and construction phases.
- Overall responsibility for the HVDC substation package (managing time, budget, scope, deliveries, quality, tenders, interfaces, HSE, resources, risks and stakeholders), from concept development to commissioning
- Responsibility of ensuring that the HVDC design solutions deliver the most costs effective solution taking account of CAPEX, OPEX and system availability
- Ensuring that project is appropriately engaged with key external stakeholders such as the supply chain and regulatory bodies associated with his/her areas of responsibility.
- Accountability for the documentation of design, fabrication, installation and commissioning within substation Package. This includes as-built documentation, safety assessments, inspection programme, input to decommissioning and operation & maintenance manuals.
- Lead the package team, ensuring sufficient project team resources are applied to deliver the work, package team staff are provided with direction and support. Establish and manage the package organization
- Identify needed resources and allocate internal and external resources in cooperation with the Engineering Director and Head of Electrical
- Ensure that the members of the package organization are capable of doing their job as effectively as possible using existing tools, established procedures and by knowledge sharing with shareholders organizations
- Coordinate external resources related, including consultants, suppliers, manufacturers, marine contractors, port authorities, logistics companies, marine warranty surveyors etc.
- Carry out HAZIDs, HAZOPs, risk assessments, internal reviews and peer reviews
- Ensure development and implementation of QA/QC procedures for the package
- Prepare tender and contract documents, in collaboration with other packages and taking into account their HVDC experience. Responsible for preparing, elaborating and providing all the specifications and technical documentation to allow Project's engagement with the correspondent subcontractors and to evaluate the suppliers, with the intention of guaranteeing the correct application, bidding, construction and operation, ensuring that the determining factors established by the Permitting department, Environmental and other departments are met
- Ensure effective collaboration with Procurement, Legal, HSE, etc
- Establish, perform and monitor overall risks and ensure documentation in risk register
- Identify and implement risk mitigation actions
- Capture and transfer all package related Lessons Learned across the organization
- Follow up and contribute to R&D and Technology Qualification programs if required
- Degree in Electrical Engineering is required.
- Minimum ten years´ experience working on design, construction and/or commissioning of HV systems. If those systems are associated with wind farm project would be advantageous.
- Minimum five years of project management with offshore substations and large construction projects offshore
- Minimum five years of experience on HVDC technology
- Experience within contract negotiation and execution, in particular during the tender stage
- Demonstrate good leadership skills (integrity, vision/strategy, communication, relationships, persuasiveness influence, adaptability, teamwork, coaching and development, decision-making and planning)
- A recognized qualification in Health and Safety would be advantageous
- Comprehensive knowledge of standards/regulations and best practice associated with the electrical design, manufacturing and installation of onshore and offshore HVDC converter stations (substations).
- Competence within one or several of the following fields is also an advantage: QA, HSE, HVAC, auxiliary systems, main electrical equipment, FACTs
- Construction, commissioning and/or operational experience will be considered an advantage
- Demonstrable knowledge is desirable in relevant areas including: general project management best practice / construction planning / consenting and planning considerations
- Capability to provide strong leadership to a team of project staff and to lead relationships with suppliers of the relevant package.
- Proactive approach to optimizations and improvements
- Ability to work within approved budgets and under deadline pressure
- Ability to communicate across all levels of the project team and to support (and manage where required) the relationship with external
- The Company has an international team of employees and the working language is English. Candidates need to be fluent in English both spoken and written. Other languages will be highly valued.