Job ID 14201
Information Manager required for a leading Offshore Wind Farm developer, based in the USA
- Day to day management of team.
- Lead the IM strategy and processes for company through the review, update, and implementation of: document and data control procedures, document and file naming, numbering, and tracking specifications, correspondence/ transmittal procedures, archiving specification, compliance with records and retention policy, translation procedure, revision / version control, release procedures, and other documentation defining the Information Control framework for the JV.
- Provides leadership and expertise in researching and implementing document controls tools and best practices.
- Ensure IM policies are in compliance with parent company requirements, with updates as needed.
- Manage all paper and electronic document / data flow within the project(s) or portfolio, and to / from contractors / vendors.
- Create, maintain, and manage delivery against the document and data distribution matrix to aid information flow between company and its contractors / vendors.
- Create and maintain the workflows within the Electronic Document Management System to ensure efficient and timely exchange of data without security incident.
- Assist with timely review and turnaround of document submittals.
- Establish and coordinate the use of document "team working areas" for uncontrolled documents and informal sharing.
- Ensure proper application of the appropriate metadata fields and records / retention labels as required by IM policy.
- Seek out means of automation or process improvement to drive efficiency in data transfer and metadata application.
- Train internal and external users on information management policies, processes, and requirements, and support various functions and phases through the consistent application of IM policies and best practices.
- Project-specific Document Control.
- Coordinate IM processes and implementation with IT team.
- Support and ensure implementation of the Confidentiality obligations set out in the JV's agreements in collaboration with the JV Operations Manager and Counsel, contribute to developing and implementing the CSI Management Policy.
- Work to safeguard JV and Project information against staff turnover (onboarding / offboarding).
- Collaborate with IT on Cybersecurity.
- Related industry/supervisory work.
- Experience as a Information Manager, Document Control Manager, Senior Document Controller or equivalent knowledge.
- Knowledge of:
- Document control processes and systems on Major Capital Projects.
- Interface management in the major execution of contracts (e.g. FEED, EPC, EPCM).
- Cross-discipline engineering documents (requirements and use).
- Discipline approval processes within project teams.
- Records Management and version control principles /implementation methods.
- Document and data control and management systems as well as project reporting software.
- RDS-PP or other equipment tagging methods.